Water works?

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
I was wondering, does the hand pump pump up water from the tank and the flickmixer water runs from the attached hose from van park? so do they operate separately?
I want to use the good drinking water for us and the van park water for the washing up ect.
Any idea's here?
I also heard that keeping your tank full when your at home its a good idea to put some cordial in it as it stops nasties? drain and replace before you head out again? (kids may prefer to drink...)

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
@leesy The hand pump only pumps from the tanks and the flick mixer will run from either the 12v pump or the mains as we do just what you are asking use the tank water for drinking and use the park water for washing etc, we always leave some water in the tank when stored at home and then drain flush and refill through a BEST filter before each trip had the van coming up for 2 years now and haven't had any probs with water

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
@leesy I swapped the hand pump over for a small drinking tap and added a BEST water filter.
You are more than welcome to drop by and take a look for ideas if you want.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
@leesy The hand pump only pumps from the tanks and the flick mixer will run from either the 12v pump or the mains as we do just what you are asking use the tank water for drinking and use the park water for washing etc, we always leave some water in the tank when stored at home and then drain flush and refill through a BEST filter before each trip had the van coming up for 2 years now and haven't had any probs with water

Thanks for that, I thought that was the case but was not completely sure. Whats a best filter? is that the filter that you can attach to the tap in a park as a pre filter?

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
@leesy I swapped the hand pump over for a small drinking tap and added a BEST water filter.
You are more than welcome to drop by and take a look for ideas if you want.

Thanks Brad, sounds like your still in the same place! I might take you up on that no doubt you have many more mods done as well. I have not been very active on the forum for a while, too damn busy with work and a new baby!!!

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Just another option , disconnect hand pump and draw water from another source , drawback is you have to refill, advantage is you can pump any sort of liquor through, I mean liquid not liquor.. image.jpgimage.jpg

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Welcome back @leesy, how is the Navara going.

@Capt. Gadget and @Brad have answered your question mate ;)
Hi Cruza!
Yep question answered, The Navara, well it took a bit of getting used to after many years in Patrols, the power is really great but the 7 speed auto took some working out as its very different. Took it into the Valley and up Zeka queens birthday weekend and it did pretty well, its a bit of a different driving style in the bush than the Patrol with less height and the ramp over much longer and lower but when in doubt press down for berries and boy she has a lot of those!!!!

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
The blurb says "Prevents Giardia, cryptosporidium."

We pulled in to a park one night, but didn't see the signs at the toilet block not to drink the water until we already had. (no problems as a result)
So what I've never been sure about with these filters, is does that make water safe to drink (assuming filter in suitable condition)??

edit: never mind - found the answer on their site:
"You can safely draw water from town, tank, creek or bore water. "

Last edited:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Hi Cruza!
Yep question answered, The Navara, well it took a bit of getting used to after many years in Patrols, the power is really great but the 7 speed auto took some working out as its very different. Took it into the Valley and up Zeka queens birthday weekend and it did pretty well, its a bit of a different driving style in the bush than the Patrol with less height and the ramp over much longer and lower but when in doubt press down for berries and boy she has a lot of those!!!!
Great news mate, good to hear

I need to get back there its been to long :(

Reactions: leesy

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
I always use a BEST filter and food grade water hoses with brass fittings.
Water fit for drinking and anything else. That said, try not to refill if source looks really crappy.
Always good idea to run supply the tap for a minute before connecting up.
I find adding a bit of whisky knocks off any lingering germs and makes the water taste a lot better.
(err, that's at the kitchen tap end, not into the tank!)

Reactions: pomtony