16' Series Water tank selector switch

MarkAW

Jan 25, 2017
Point Cook
Hi All

We picked up our brand new 16.49.4 the other week and took it away for the long weekend to the Otways.

Much quicker to set up then our previous camper trailer. ALot more comfortable and warmer too.

I'm surprised with all the negative comments Jayco receives. We haven't been able to fault it except for a few screws that could have been put in straighter and a bit of messy silicon work. So far so good.

We tow with an NX Pajero and used 14.2 litres per 100km on the car trip computer. Happy with that over about 450km through hilly and windy roads.

In the next week or so will be upgrading to Old Man Emu suspension for more height and balance when towing.

My question....

With the dual water tanks, i thought the switch with the arrow pointing down meant both water tanks would drain?

Seemed to only empty one tank and had to flick it to the front or rear (can't remember) to drain the other.

Any thoughts

Thanks

Reactions: Macca_75

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
Hello MarkAW, we have ours set with the arrow pointing down and it drains both tanks. Always appears on the water level indicator that one is draining quicker than the other, but usually stabilise over time

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you have a very close look at the valve you will see 2 arrow heads one lines up with the tank you want the other lines up with the van line other positions will shut it off or draw from other tank.....Mark the arrow heads with some white out........actually can't recall if you can drain from both as I pulled mine off as it sucked air and fitted some irrigation taps instead.

Reactions: Marv_mart

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
We have ours pointing straight down and the tanks seem to drain roughly equally over time, maybe the front one,Tank 1 a little faster but hardly noticeably.

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
With both tanks drawing, the water will also flow between the tanks like a spirit level. Even a slight incline can make for a puzzling almost spooky transfer (here one minute, and gone the next) .... plus the Drifter is at best for entertainment value only.

Best to stick your head under the side of the van and see how far the water is up the clear filling pipe is at the tank.

Reactions: Drover

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Mine is set to draw from both tanks and works perfectly.

I rarely need to touch the selector valve.

I find the drifter to be very accurate

Reactions: Marv_mart

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I prefer one tank at a time then I know I better get going for some more water plus if a water line or connector fails I don't loose all my water........some feral turns the draw bar tap on while your away and it pumps onto the ground.........not me as I turn the pump off but have seen it happen.

Reactions: KECL and NoWorries