Water tank install under car

Still_dreamin

Jan 27, 2014
Brisbane Northside
We are looking at installing an 80 l water tank under our car. We have a triton dual cab with a tray. We are looking at a slimline model, which will mount underneath. The advantages of this vs putting another tank on the van is that it is more portable for us. We should be able to fill the car tank and relay it to the van when required.
Has anyone done this to their vehicle? Pictures would also be appreciated.. Ta

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I once had shares in a Suzuki ute, we built an aux fuel tank the size of the tray, my mate who owned it, could get Perth to Broome on that tank
was only 150L...................1.2x1.2x100mm (late 70's early 80's) was a 3 pot screamer.................

if you can, try and get it in between the cab and the rear axle for weight distribution, not too sure of the room though

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I would try something like one of these as an easier mod.
ne-aftermkt-gtcampers-tank-2.jpg

TTF2-2.jpg

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I like the one that sits up by the head board and the cab

I had a water tank and fuel tank in an old FJ55 like the first pic.......
if you didnt drain the water at the same time as using the fuel, it would drive "lop sided" down the road
mind you they WERE both 100L tanks
ended up taking them both out, and fitting the fuel behind the seat for stability

just my thoughts though.............

Reactions: chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I've just used 20lt water Jerry's then I could carry as much as needed, no issues with hoses leaking and loosing the lot in one go. they live in plastic crates.

Reactions: bigcol