Water proof privacy screens

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Hi all,

I have noticed in many peoples photos, as well as in discussions, that many of the forum members have water proof privacy screens. I have a couple of queries regarding these:

Firstly, where do you get them? (Hopefully somewhere in SA)

Secondly, do the fit to the existing press studs?

Cheers

Cracka

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Ours are made from vinyl . We had them made up by our local canvas maker. Our are on sail tracks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 552

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
We haven't had any issues yet. Our option is to pop a pole under each corner if we are staying somewhere for a while. We wanted something that could withstand a bit of bad weather. Plus side is how well it insulates for both heating and cooling

Reactions: crackacoldie

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
DSC03196.JPGi made mine with stuff from Bunnings for $50 bucks!! works a treat, dry and warmer in winter with the better insulation.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
That looks great leesy! Did you use the privacy curtains as a template? Could you share some more photos of the joining method you have used?

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
That looks great leesy! Did you use the privacy curtains as a template? Could you share some more photos of the joining method you have used?
Loosly used the privacy screens but they are very flexible, use a tape measure and perhaps an old sheet as a template as there are some angles you need to get right! press studs i got from RV world in Ferntree gully Melb and the plastic from bunnings.
Cheers

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
image.jpg
Just finished making clear bed ends(with thanks:) to Leesy for the Bunnings clear vinyl idea). I used the .3mm thick clear stuff. Got press studs of eBay and a few hours to make.
All for our first trip over Easter in the panda.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I made some like leesy. last year (saw the idea on here ages ago!) I put mine on with the privacey screens still attached. I have a little elastic strap that goes around each press stud and fixes to the vinyl.

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
We went to Hastings point on the weekend and knew that it would rain. Dropped into Bunnings on Thursday afternoon and bought there 7m x 4.5m clear weatherview tarp which i think is called a garden tarp.

Cut 1100mm pieces off the top and bottom of it and then just used elasticized string to loop it to each eyelet under the black privacy screens. Took me 45min's to do both front and rear ends.

Rained each night with heaps of wind. Was kept nice and warm and not a single drop on the canvas all weekend. Have now brought them home and will punch some eyelets into the pieces to make it last.

Best bet is it only cost me $59 to do both ends and i still have almost a 4.5m x 4.8m tarp left over. Very happy.
:)

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Looks like another trip to Bunnings is required.

Can someone pls tell me the size of press studs needed to suit the panda? (Mine is still a week away).

And do you need any specific tools to attach them to the material?

Cheers

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Looks like another trip to Bunnings is required.

Can someone pls tell me the size of press studs needed to suit the panda? (Mine is still a week away).

And do you need any specific tools to attach them to the material?

Cheers

Hi Ligedy,

Someone may correct me if i'm wrong but i think press studs are generally the one size.
I brought mine originally from Award RV here in Melbourne as kit that came with a tool to use
with them. Maybe just go online (Ebay) and have a look at what sort of complete kits they have on offer.

As an idea for my clear ends i used approx 26 per end.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions happy to help.:)