16' Series Water leaking from mains hook up .

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
has anybody had this problem - i filled up my tanks as normal went inside and used the pump to flush some fresh water through the system when i heard water leaking outside , on further inspection water was coming out of the tap as well as out of the mains hook up . Is there a one way valve used ????

pomtony

Oct 30, 2013
hey there, im thinking theres a 1 way valve in the mains hose fitting (our 17 has one anyway)
its part of the white hose fitting (on left in photo)
could be that you have some debris holding valve open
20131124_111825.jpg

cheers
tony

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
If you follow your mains pipe (under the van) you should find a brass and chrome fitting about 32mm diameter and 75mm long.
This is a flow restricter and also a 1 way valve. If you remove this and can blow through it in both directions you've found your problem.
They're about $100 to replace although you can normaly repair them. All you need is a couple of shifting spanners and a pair of circlip pliers.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Sorry for not getting back earlier guys , it was the one way valve where you hook your hose up to , will be keeping my eye on that one in future ...

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
I would still check the flow restricter as it shouldn't make it to the inlet valve if the flow restricter is working properly and installed correctly.

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
I would still check the flow restricter as it shouldn't make it to the inlet valve if the flow restricter is working properly and installed correctly.

Hi not actually a flow restrictor, but a pressure reducer it drops the normal mains pressure to something the crappy fittings can handle :) but your right these leak back as well as the hose connector which has a check valve as well, quick fix replace the hose inlet fitting or add a inline check behind it in front of the pump , which is sometime a better option as i've seen mains water leak back thru the pump and flood the tanks ..... cheaper option than a new pump kit