water hose

pomtony

Oct 30, 2013
hey everyone, I was snooping round bunnings and came across water hoses, (need one) saw a pope medium duty marine hose, white with blue stripe, fittings are crimped onto hose, quick release one end and tap connector on the other.
does anyone use this type?
it didnt say for drinking water use but it looked very rubust
cheers
tony

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
If it didn't say "drinking water" best not to use it for that,, then again What is marine hose?

Looking at their website, says for Marine and RV use.

Last edited:

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
hey everyone, I was snooping round bunnings and came across water hoses, (need one) saw a pope medium duty marine hose, white with blue stripe, fittings are crimped onto hose, quick release one end and tap connector on the other.
does anyone use this type?
it didnt say for drinking water use but it looked very rubust
cheers
tony
I have the hose that you describe (I think). Stainless steel ends? We don't use it for drinking though. Works a treat and got it from buntings

pomtony

Oct 30, 2013
yeah that sounds the one kenshi, I liked the quality of the fittings
good question Bushman, what is marine hose? I initially thought drinking, but no mention of it anywhere.
might just get the 20m blue with white lining from bunnos, cut 7m off and have different lengths and a joiner also

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
We got the blue one from bunnings , it says drinking water hose on it but the plastic taste from it was so strong
you could taste it in a cup that had been washed up from the water. I even watered the garden through it
thinking that it would settle down but no good.
I bought a white Gamec hose from BCF and the water was perfect straight away
So I now have a nice blue garden hose

Reactions: blacky and pomtony

thomo67

Oct 30, 2012
We got the blue one from bunnings , it says drinking water hose on it but the plastic taste from it was so strong
you could taste it in a cup that had been washed up from the water. I even watered the garden through it
thinking that it would settle down but no good.
I bought a white Gamec hose from BCF and the water was perfect straight away
So I now have a nice blue garden hose

well i have had the same thing in fact there were two others that were with me from different parts of Australia we had to flush our tanks and lines with ours in fact we actually filtered our before we put it in and still had the bad taste i took mine back to bunnings and complained they said they had not had any other complaints about the hose i have spoke to one of the other guys that was with us who had the same thing and when he took his back to a Sydney bunnings and they told him that they were taking it off the self due the toxic taste

Reactions: pomtony

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
There have been a few members complain about taste out of the blue bunnings hose but I couldn`t taste it but we had ours just for a backup when we needed a longer hose, our nomal hose is a white one.

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
I bought a "drinking water" hose from Bunnings and took it back as well due to the plasticy taste in the water.

I went and bought two (different brands / 10m + 20m ones) from a caravan shop and had no dramas from the get go.

pomtony

Oct 30, 2013
ok thanks heaps, looks like my plan is out the door, need to do more snooping

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Forum wins again,
I bought some to replace the clear tube under the caravan. Looks like I have a blue garden hose know too.
Cheers
Steve

Reactions: blacky