Water filter

Oct 21, 2012
Hi all
Just wondering what water filters everyone is running , brands and where you mounted it thanks in advance for any info

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
I use this one below and can be bought in a kit form from Bunnings for $79 including tap, housing, hoses and filter.

image0001.jpg

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
B.E.S.T for us also, I use it when filling the tanks, even at home, and also in-line with the water hose when connected to mains in parks. We got the Brass fittings and some extra Brass fittings and Joiners from Bunnings to link it all together. When packing up I join each end of the filter with the short length of hose used to connect to the van, to keep the water in and and dust or dirt out.
So far no issue with it going walk-a-bout, touch wood.....

HM

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
BEST for me too. At the last park the water pressure was really low and having the filter in made it so bad the shower was reduced to a trickle. We ended up running on tank water and filling up every few days.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
B.E.S.T for us also, I use it when filling the tanks, even at home, and also in-line with the water hose when connected to mains in parks. We got the Brass fittings and some extra Brass fittings and Joiners from Bunnings to link it all together. When packing up I join each end of the filter with the short length of hose used to connect to the van, to keep the water in and and dust or dirt out.
So far no issue with it going walk-a-bout, touch wood.....

HM
Great info @Holden_man , may have to use your method too, thanks.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
BEST for us as well. Not plumbed in because I find i need to flush it regularly in some places. Works a treat and gives some piece of mind.
For our regular January camp the water at the CP is from a dam and really bad so I fill the tanks back home and use that water for drinking/cooking, then have the BEST filter on the mains at the camp for showers and washing up etc. I find I need to flush it daily to clear the sediment.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
BEST here also, I plumbed ours in underneath for the cold sink tap only. I made up a short hose that I use for reverse flushing.....since installing my wife hasn't bought water for drinking! :)

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
B.E.S.T. for us too. We use it to fill the tanks at home and then place it in line when hooked up to the mains in a park. Hadn't really thought about it going 'walk-a-bout' until someone mentioned it above!! I might at least hide it behind the wheels from now on...