Water Damage/Leak

joshvd

Aug 12, 2013
Hi everyone

I have a Jayco Expanda 2011 (17.56.2hl) with some water damage under the sink and seat next to the sink.
There is also some water leaking to the right of the sink. I will try to attach photos if I am able too.

Where is this water coming from?

I've looked at hoses and they seem good however on the outside water unit a hose seems to be cut, is this where water is coming from?

Could there be more then one leak?

image.jpeg
image[1].jpeg
image[2].jpeg
image[3].jpeg

Last edited:

joshvd

Aug 12, 2013
I have run some water through the sink and found that water drips from the sink or tap.

Could there be more than this one leak with the amount of water damage

image[1].jpeg

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
@joshvd Hi there, welcome to the forum. Great model van you there (bias of course!!). Re the under sink leak, i too had this is in our Swan, so as i got the expanda i gave it the once over, what do know drain fixings was loose. Periodically check it now (Mrs Pace would be an unhappy camper otherwise), which then is a job for me too!!!

As for the water marking near the HWS )internal), this could be couple of things ranging from piping leaking under pressure to rain entering from the bottom of the HWS lip (pictured the rusty line along bottom where red hose is).

Re the red hose, did you cut/snap that from a hole found our did you stumble on it like that? If stumbled, then I think some vandalism at play there.

The water mark under the switches could be from the water manifold plate opposite on the external wall, but water just might be running from under the sink area to this location.

Q: how is around the shower area, dont wont to put the mokka on you though?
Q: did you buy new or not?, perhaps call Jayco and get followup warranty issue claim?

Hope all this helps.

Cheers Pace.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Looks the HWS area has been damp for a while. It looks corroded from the base to about 25mm up.

Have a look where the sink drain hose attaches. The sink outlet is only siliconed, which is normal however it may not have been done properly. Easy to test. Fill it with a plug in the sink, watch under the sink for 30 minutes then pull the plug out and also watch the drain under the sink.

That hose you are holding from the PTR valve needs to be going to outside. During a heating cycle it would be normal for it to drain a cup of water, no different to your home hot water if you have an old style tank system. If there was a minor hiccup it may have drained more water, sometimes a lot of water.

Looking at it again, that's what I think has happened, that's why the bottom of the HWS has corrosion. In the real world of plumbing, the overflow pipe has to be copper, the red pipe is not designed to withstand the temp' from a PTR valve which has potential to be 100degC.

You may have 2 leaks. One at your HWS and one under your sink.

Geoff the Plumber.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Bugger about the leak, sometimes it can be difficult to find. It doesn't always leak when you look for it and in the mean time it could of leaked from one spot, ran across the vinyl floor to another and the plywood soaks it up like a sponge giving you a false sense of where its leaking from. Above suggestions sound good, hope you get it sorted soon mate!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Bugger, thats a lot of damage, you have one major warranty claim there.

My HWS leaked around the outside where it goes through the body (rain water), wasn't sealed properly and the outlet pipe was leaking at the fitting, luckly both found before damage was done, my shower also leaked between the toilet and the wall but forunately only into the cassette area below again not sealed properly.
and more recently the roof.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Gday Josh and welcome, just wondering if you have taken it to your jayco dealer? I know it`s out of warranty but some dealers are pretty good with things like this and they might be able to fix it all up for you fingers crossed.