Warranty work

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
Just taken my month old 2013 model Jayco Expanda 16.49-3 Outback to be fixed sealant on roof on out side corners started come off ,wheel arches wasn't sealed properly and front valance had a big gap at one end and, Also rear catch that holds back bed from falling down when opening bed end doors failed causing damage to both rubber mounts on top of door. Rubber seal in long window keeps falling out and both bed end doors have crack on top edge inside with the front starting to bubble. The jayco repair shop said they need to order two new bed ends doors a new window and we also have problem with queen mattress with thickness between the two zip together mattresses.The sealing and catch has been fixed just waiting to here from Jayco on the other work to be authorised. Other that i am happy with service just to give other people a warning to keep an eye out on their new vans.

Cheers Smash

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Wow, that's quite a list Smash. Such a shame you have to go through this for what is a new van.
Jayco really need to lift their game in the quality control department and checking everything top to bottom before handover. These should be problems after 5 years of use, not 1 month.
Good luck with the repairs, keep us all posted with the progress!

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Thats not good!! I still beleive that the dealers do the final check and repairs, and I suppose it depends on the dealer what qaulity of van gets delivered. I have had 2 now, both from the same dealer and had no major issues with manufactoring faults on pickup (or straight after) only 3rd party components failing. Seems to be a coming a common problem over in the west, maybe they don't like the travel over there? Obvioulsy Jayco need to lift their game, but they build them in a week and they are cheap, so I suppose your sort of waiting for a problem to arise.
Goodluck with your warranty repairs, I will give Jayco one thing, they are excellent at saying yes to warranty repairs.