Wanted 14.44-4 or 16.49-1b

Prydey

Apr 24, 2018
Woodcroft, Adelaide.
It seems the little 14ft van is extremely popular and we are another family looking to find one. Prefer touring version and must have 150litre fridge. Can pay top dollar for the right condition.
If we can't find a 14ft van, then next preference is a 16.49-1b. This is the one with just the ends folding out and a dinette, no extra bunks or sleeping options. Even if someone in SA owns one of this layout and isn't looking to sell, we would appreciate a look through as we've yet to eyeball one in the flesh to get a feel for its size.

We are in SA but are prepared to travel east for the right van.

Pay up to $40k

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
the only thing you might want to add is if you want a hard or soft lid. We have the soft lid 16-49-1 and love it. Now there are two of us we often just do not drop the front bed so have all the room we need.
I am in Vic, otherwise would have been happy for you to walk through.

Prydey

Apr 24, 2018
Woodcroft, Adelaide.
Greta news, oyu will love it for sure.
Yes, I'm sure we will. We actually looked at these many years ago when they were new. Back then it was just a dream of being able to own a van, as we were just starting out, with tents etc.

I'm surprised Jayco stopped making small expandas. we've discovered in our search that these small vans are extremely popular. This was the only touring model that has popped up in SA and I'm sure the only reason it didn't sell immediately, is the Jayco dealership only advertised it on their own site. They are also at Mt Gambier. They just sell within days of going online. An outback version popped up in SA and was sold literally 4 hours later. (the guy responded to my wanted ad, but it was already sold by the time I contacted him).

We actually almost signed up for a 2022 Journey 15.48-6. If they had stock, or a shorter wait time, we probably would have, and in hindsight, it would have been a mistake. One thing that created a big hurdle in the journey, is lack of privacy. The expanda's are much better in this regard. Even the 17.58-3 we considered wasn't that good for privacy. I guess the market has spoken and folks don't want expanda style vans??

Anyway, enough rambling. Hopefully this will see us through for a good few years.

Reactions: 1DayIll and Drover

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Yes, I'm sure we will. We actually looked at these many years ago when they were new. Back then it was just a dream of being able to own a van, as we were just starting out, with tents etc.

I'm surprised Jayco stopped making small expandas. we've discovered in our search that these small vans are extremely popular. This was the only touring model that has popped up in SA and I'm sure the only reason it didn't sell immediately, is the Jayco dealership only advertised it on their own site. They are also at Mt Gambier. They just sell within days of going online. An outback version popped up in SA and was sold literally 4 hours later. (the guy responded to my wanted ad, but it was already sold by the time I contacted him).

We actually almost signed up for a 2022 Journey 15.48-6. If they had stock, or a shorter wait time, we probably would have, and in hindsight, it would have been a mistake. One thing that created a big hurdle in the journey, is lack of privacy. The expanda's are much better in this regard. Even the 17.58-3 we considered wasn't that good for privacy. I guess the market has spoken and folks don't want expanda style vans??

Anyway, enough rambling. Hopefully this will see us through for a good few years.
enjoy your travels.

Reactions: Prydey