vehicle parts - partsouq

willobee

Apr 8, 2015
Perth
Hi all,
Just found this with the aid of a link from prado point, but it relates to many other makes and models also.
It is a parts supplier.
Www.partsouq.com

If nothing else it was also great to be able to see all the exploded views to identify the parts

Got a quote today fromt toyota around the corner for new outer window weather seals for the prado and nearly fell over at the $865 quoted for the 4 of them 5 weeks to get them ex Japan.

Have just ordered these 4 plus the 2 back windows for $135 + 40 delivery from UAE.
Photos of other parts show them in original toyota packaging, so will let you know how I go.

Regards
Will

willobee

Apr 8, 2015
Perth
The parts arrived yesterday as forecast.
All in toyota genuine packaging.
4weeks quicker than going through toyota dealer and less than a quarter of the price.
Now just need to fit them, will try and take a few pics in case anyone else has a similar job coming up
Regards
Will

willobee

Apr 8, 2015
Perth
And for those with a 120 prado here they are and how to fit them
IMG_1453.JPG
part numbers for all six side windows

Before
IMG_1440.JPG

With the front and rear doors there is a screw with a star drive to remove
IMG_1443.JPG IMG_1445.JPG
Then just gently pull the end closest to the screw up from the door
IMG_1442.JPG
then it is just a case of aligning the new screw hole and pressing the new ones in firmly untill they click
IMG_1444.JPG IMG_1452.JPG

willobee

Apr 8, 2015
Perth
Rear windows were a little more tricky 1st need to remove the screw in the pop out clamp
then you can GENTLY open the window a little more than normal

3 tabs to pop up and a plug at the front to depress ( note you wont be able to easily get a new plug in)
IMG_1450.JPG
then feed the new one in, align the holes and push down into place
IMG_1447.JPG IMG_1451.JPG
replace the screw and youre done
finished all six in under an hour and was working it out as i went, wish i had done it before now as it was much easier than i expected

Attachments

• IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 191