Van virgin saying g'day

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
You guys are basically us quite a few years ago the 2.5 Nav, asd and a 2009 16.49.1. I didn't find the Nav too bad with the van on the back, a Steinbauer gave it a very subtle leg up. My first D40 was the manual and the fuel eco was sweet compared to the guzzling auto. The economy difference btw the two was extraordinary. I eventually traded that for the last of the D40 V6s, lucky enough to get the last silver one in Aus, so I could swap the canopy over. Used the V6 Nav to tow the current van around Oz .... very under-rated vehicle, and the best tow vehicle I've ever owned.

We loved the 16.49.1, and have very fond memories of it. For what its worth a 135/335 Thetford porta Potti on an upside down carpet tile will slide neatly straight in through frameless left side lower door under the robe/pantry cabinet. Makes life a little easier with kids
As you know I also have a 16-49-1 and have just altered this by raising the cupboard to fit a slightly bigger port-loo, Worked a treat. I am also about to buy a Joolca Hot tap to connect up for hot water. Got their double ensuite tent and want to put the loo in one side and the shower in the other. It is as easy to set up as they say.. Was used as a change room by the family this weekend as we went away to Euroa.
Always things I want to do....

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Ha!

Once the d40 is no longer financially viable (So about another 2 years haha) to keep on the road i'll be upgrading to something in the Landcruiser range.
Nice i like your way of thinking there are plenty of cruiser friends here only to happy to help you spend up or you could sit in the naughty corner with the jeep owners its very uncrowded in the naughty corner plenty of seats

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nice i like your way of thinking there are plenty of cruiser friends here only to happy to help you spend up or you could sit in the naughty corner with the jeep owners its very uncrowded in the naughty corner plenty of seats

Far better in the naughty corner not crowded by the plebs, most seem to be in the shed growing grass..... We do look forward to seeing them in the mirrors, reversing.

Reactions: Bluey