16' Series uplift

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
my 2005 expanda 16 outback had suffered from the weather and no amount of polish will get back the "unused look" its weathered been at least twice around Aus now we are settled in Albany w.a. either a paint job or move it on.it as looking at a trip to Darwin via Central Highway then coast road back, but trip fell through.
So its a Paint job .Question has any one used 2pack and a small roller or do I have to spray it.and do i seal it first.
Look forward to reply's.
it has crosses the Nulabor 7 times its like part of the family ,
cheers

Reactions: 1DayIll

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Having been a spray painter I can say proper preparation etc will dictate the end result. 2 Pak can be rolled and tipped out however its a big job not really to be attempted by an amateur. Spraying a 2 Pak system is the only way to go,however you would have to put on a 2pak compatible under coat. I presume its a fibreglass van. FG can be brought back to life by wet and dry sanding with 1000 then 1500 grade then buffing ,finishing with a quality wax polish.A good boat/yacht detailer would be able to give you more advice on refurbishment and wether its viable

Reactions: 1DayIll and Drover

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
my 2005 expanda 16 outback had suffered from the weather and no amount of polish will get back the "unused look" its weathered been at least twice around Aus now we are settled in Albany w.a. either a paint job or move it on.it as looking at a trip to Darwin via Central Highway then coast road back, but trip fell through.
So its a Paint job .Question has any one used 2pack and a small roller or do I have to spray it.and do i seal it first.
Look forward to reply's.
it has crosses the Nulabor 7 times its like part of the family ,
cheers
Now that is one well used van, that is great to hear!