Upgrade from the 16 foot van

Lisa

Aug 2, 2013
Good evening everyone.

We purchased the 16 foot jayco expanda with bunks mid last year and have been away 4 times in the last 4 months and love it! However, we were always thinking about getting a larger van if we found we enjoyed it.

So, we have 3 kids and not sure what van would be best. If you have 3 kids what do you have?? Also, the last trip we decided a shower would be super handy.

We looked at the 17 foot one today with the shower toilet but noticed the storage is someone compromised. Way less storage than out current van

The salesman said the Jayco Work N PLay would be a good one for us as we would put 3 bunks in the back. Does anyone have this van??

Then there is the 18 foot. They quoted $55,000 (outback) ouch.

Or the Basestation

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

Cheers

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
Hi.

We've got an 18.57-9OB with 3 kids (6,3,1) and find this layout perfect for our requirements. Having the 2 dinette tables is great and keeps the kids in their own area when colouring in or reading and the like.
Yep, shower is very handy and don't think I would ever go without know having had one.
Cheers.

Lisa

Aug 2, 2013
Hi.

We've got an 18.57-9OB with 3 kids (6,3,1) and find this layout perfect for our requirements. Having the 2 dinette tables is great and keeps the kids in their own area when colouring in or reading and the like.
Yep, shower is very handy and don't think I would ever go without know having had one.
Cheers.

Great thank you!!! Do you find the shower big enough? Also one other thing do you think the 18 foot would be huge difference for us over the 17 foot?

Ren77

Nov 7, 2013
North Queensland
We have just ordered the 20.63.1 which has a double or triple bunk option. Also has a slide out lounge for additional room. And separate shower/toilet!

Lisa

Aug 2, 2013
We have just ordered the 20.63.1 which has a double or triple bunk option. Also has a slide out lounge for additional room. And separate shower/toilet!

We spotted that one today. MY FAV!! Just too long for where we want to store it. Wasn't too much more than the 18 foot

Ren77

Nov 7, 2013
North Queensland
I know what you mean...we loved the 18" but when we stepped into the 20" it was like OMG! Love love love! Mind you, we have to now erect a new shed to store it

:whoo:

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
Great thank you!!! Do you find the shower big enough? Also one other thing do you think the 18 foot would be huge difference for us over the 17 foot?

No, I don't even think you'd notice it in terms of manoeuvring and reversing. Not sure of the weight difference.

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
We got the 20/63-1 and love it with triple bunks the best part is the seperate shower and toilet , i not a fan of shower and toilet together if got room to store that the way i go good luck

Reactions: Ren77