Under sink electric water heater - what to get??

Sinko

Mar 21, 2011
Victoria
Hi all,
I am looking to add an under sink electric water heater in our 17.56.1.

Has anyone done this already and, if so, do you have any tips or recommendations? Some sort of instant heater would be the go I reckon.

We only want the water to wash dishes or wet a face washer for the kids etc.

cheers
Sinko

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
Gday Sinko,

Camec sell a couple of very compact 240V water heater that fit easily under the sink. What might be a problem tho is they draw very close to 10 amps with is the limit of most van/parks if Im not mistaken (might be 15 amps, can't remember) so you need to make sure you don't overload.

Cheers
Mike

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Just make sure that what ever you choose is Australian Standard compliant for a water heaters in Australia. It must have a pressure and temperature relief valve fitted not just an expansion valve, if it has any form of tank. Many on the market here are not compliant. When in doubt, ring the seller and ask if it is compliant, when they start stuttering, you know not to buy it. They all need to be compliant, otherwise when your pipes burst and your van is flooded, then insurance claims will be difficult. It also needs watermark approval.

Ideally you need a lower kW model as otherwise when you add your cooler, heater, hair dryer, toaster etc then it may overload your system.

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
We had the rv under bench model in our last expanda and thought it was good the water was never hot hot but hot enough to do the dishes. Don't quote me but it would run about 25 c above ambient. But for the money it was worth it.