16' Series Uncomfortable beds

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
As everyone probably knows in the expanda the beds are uncomfortable due to the even heights has anyone retecfied the problem i know in the new vans they fixed this problem mine is the 2012 model i was thinking maybe putting soft pillow right along

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
Drop into a Spotlight store and grab an egg shell underlay along with a mattress topper, for us this made it just right:D
I tryed this didnt work pain rolling memory foam putting of and on bed

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
some have resorted to having the cupboard/tunnel boot underneath raised to the same level as the bed base, then getting a custom made mattress to suit.
This might be a go nothing worth getting good night sleep

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I tryed this didnt work pain rolling memory foam putting of and on bed
In ours we left the eggshell on under the fitted sheet and packed it up together. But the better option is to build up the cupboard and get a 50/50 mattress.

Reactions: Grover

Mick

Mar 15, 2014
Victoria
We also have the egg shell foam toper and find it helps a littel but then.
The misses read in one of the caravan mags that some one had put those large rubber floor tiles that you can get from the Big Green shed under the expanda bed ends to evan out that join in the mattres havent tryed this method yet but may be worth a shot???

Reactions: Grover

Dmaxexpanda2

Sep 6, 2015
Ballarat
After many uncomfortable nights sleeping on the join between the Mattresses even with egg shell toppers I ended up buying a custom made mattress with a 50/50 split and pillow top. Raised the lower section with an MDF box so they sit flat. Is now probably a better bed than the one at home.

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
I was worries if i build the cupboard up the beds wont fold maybe cause if it was that easy you would of thought jayco would of done this

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra
I was worries if i build the cupboard up the beds wont fold maybe cause if it was that easy you would of thought jayco would of done this

You would think so wouldn't you, but it seems to be a jayco thing and people on here have found many ways to do things alot better than jayco have, leaving alot of people with the same thought you have, now why didn't jayco do that.... ;)

Reactions: bigcol and davemc

Dmaxexpanda2

Sep 6, 2015
Ballarat
It is quiet a tight fit because both mattresses are pillow tops but they do fit. Can't do the table under the lid trick though.

jimgoose

Mar 31, 2011
Mernda, Vic
We've got a 17.56-3 with the same uncomfortable bed issue. I've just ordered a 5cm thick self inflating mattress to put on top of the existing one and try. Length and width are close to spot on so hoping for the best.
Will post once we've tried it out.

Reactions: bigcol

Blip59

Oct 24, 2010
Perth WA
After many uncomfortable nights sleeping on the join between the Mattresses even with egg shell toppers I ended up buying a custom made mattress with a 50/50 split and pillow top. Raised the lower section with an MDF box so they sit flat. Is now probably a better bed than the one at home.
do you have any pics
looking to do the same in our van any measurements greatly appreciated

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
Have a look at our post - this shows what we did .... best mod ever!
I have no idea how to link it but if you search the below you should find it!!! (Otherwise a smart member may be able to add the link!!!)
Our 2008 12.37 bed reno ...