Tyre Monitors?

Ashevo

Aug 26, 2012
Karratha
After blowing a tyre on the van this week I am looking at getting a set of tyre monitors. I had checked all tyres after 150km's and again after 400km's into the day. Anyone had any experience with the Tyre Dog monitors? At around $800 they are pricey but this is the second tyre I have had blow, other was on the Pajero, in the past year.
Cheers
Ashley

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hey Ashevo

Its sounds like you might have incorrect tyre pressures maybe.
I see that your from Karratha>I am thinking maybe that your tyre pressures were to hard on unsealed roads.
Hence you had problems with blow outs.

Skip

Ashevo

Aug 26, 2012
Karratha
Hi Skip
Running 40 PSI as suggested by a tyre mob up here that I trust. The roads aren't great so I am thinking that getting a slow leak and then having the sidewalls heat up pretty quick is the most likely issue. Both blow outs have occurred when only driving on sealed roads.
Cheers
Ashley

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Ashevo

That sound weird then. Whats the max tyre pressure and have you given it some though that maybe there running to low pressure as well?
I know that when I had a Jayco swan some years ago the factory tyres were not the best. Maybe look at getting a better quality tyre as well.
You don't want to go to the trouble of putting the tyre monitors in your tyres to find out that there holding pressure and still blowing out.
That gets expensive replacing those tyre monitors too.

Skippy

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
hi Ashley,
it all comes down to peace of mind. I had a tyre fail on my car and i am very fussy with checking my tyres and tyre pressure! I am also looking at the tyre dog monitor and found it for $649 with 6 sensors and transmitter or $699 with 8 sensors and transmitter delivered from Roof Rack City if that helps.
cheers
Nick

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
My old boy got one of these for his motorhome, and I am considering getting one for ours. (note: 10 tyres includes both spares) you can specify internal or external (external is my prefrence) and its actually good built quality beleive it or it.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Truc...MS-Tire-Pressure-Sensor-System/843105040.html
TPMS.JPG

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
surely by now you could by the monitors for each wheel then apply the app to your phone and all would be good. LOL

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Only issue with all the iPhone ones I have seen is that they only do 4 tyres. Ok if wanting to monitor a dual axle without the car, but no good if you want to monitor 6 or 8 tyres (car and van).

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Yeah,
I just noticed that. I want to monitor 6 tyres. Just found the tyredog TD-2300A-X06 on Amazon for $245 us plus shipping. This is the 6 wheel monitoring system.
cheers
Nick

Reactions: Bmhdg76