Travel height of 17.56-2 OB (2013)?

Out with the Tent!

Apr 5, 2013
Hi,

We are taking delivery of our 17.56-2 OB in the next month and I'm about to order a kit garage for the new member of the family to sleep in! Can anyone who has a 2013 model with 15' wheels please tell me:
  1. The ground to top of AC height (with pop top down)
  2. The ground to top of AC height (with pop top up)
I have a 2013 brochure we picked up from our local dealer however there is a discrepancy (2525mm vs. 2655mm) in the travel height to what is shown in the specs on the Jayco website.

I'm trying to determine if I need in excess of a 2700mm entry to the garage!

Any help would be appreciated!:ambivalence:

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
We have the same model but 2012 and our roller door is 2700mm and we have to let the tyres down to 20psi to fit it through. Ours is fitted with a roof top air con sparrow model. If I was you and you had the room and dollars go for a higher opening As this is something I regret not doing when we built our shed. Good luck.

Reactions: Out with the Tent!

Out with the Tent!

Apr 5, 2013
Hi Chooka,

Cheers, that's the kind of info I was looking for! I was worried I might be cutting it to fine with the 2700mm entry!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome out with the tent, just food for thought this van might not be your last you might want a full van down the track maybe. An extra foot height on the shed now if you can afford it could be handy later imo, cheers

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Mate had to re-do door on his new caravan barn when his van arrived. Expensive and annoying. Slight ramp to door and the roller doors slight intrusion into doorway was enough to hang van up.

Gibbo

Mar 17, 2013
Bayside
I do belive that the height on the web site is correct and the brocure is out of date. This is because when I was ordering my 17.56.1 OB on Saturday I was told by the salesman that the 17 footers only have roof air. The split cabnet air is not avable anny more because the a/c was to small to cope with the size of the van. This is a problem for me as the van will not fit into my garage, but jayco will not offer anny other option apart form the roof air. Even the herrion Q which is the correct size for the van is not avable acording to Page Bros in seaford. Looks like I wont be having an Air Conditioner. As for the actuial height I dont know.

Cheers Gibbo

Out with the Tent!

Apr 5, 2013
I do belive that the height on the web site is correct and the brocure is out of date. This is because when I was ordering my 17.56.1 OB on Saturday I was told by the salesman that the 17 footers only have roof air. The split cabnet air is not avable anny more because the a/c was to small to cope with the size of the van. This is a problem for me as the van will not fit into my garage, but jayco will not offer anny other option apart form the roof air. Even the herrion Q which is the correct size for the van is not avable acording to Page Bros in seaford. Looks like I wont be having an Air Conditioner. As for the actuial height I dont know.

Cheers Gibbo

Thanks Gibbo,

I have asked the dealer to confirm a couple of weeks ago but no answer back yet hence my wider search for an answer...........

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Although my 17.56-2 OB is on 16" rims, they don't really increase the overall height by much, my garage door has a 3M opening.
This also allows me to have the roof open and move it in and out without having to raise and lower the roof all the time.
It also has the Dometic rooftop A/C too...