17' Series TPS 1230 solar charge regulator

Kayteegal

Dec 16, 2014
Hi,

We have an outback 2014 model and the TPS 1230 solar charge regulator has just started buzzing (at 10pm at night in a van park). I have looked through the related threads but there isn't much joy there on how to stop the buzzing tonight (so us and the other people in the van park can get some sleep). The manual is next to useless.

The battery is probably flat, which is ok (however lights are still on?), just want the alarm to quit. Have pulled and replaced all fuses, and have switched everything off, it still won't quit buzzing.

Anyone know how to get it to stop tonight??

Thanks!!!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Disconnect the battery and it will stop. I think your battery is flat with maybe enough oomph to run the lights. I had a similar problem and had to put a battery charger on it to get it to a level where the Setec would maintain it again. The thread I posted is here.

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
Disconnect the inline fuse at the battery for the solar. There will be properly be 3 inline fuses at the battery, It will be one of the smaller ones. This will stop the buzzing and once battery is up above 11 volts you can put fuse back in.

Reactions: Kayteegal

Kayteegal

Dec 16, 2014
Thanks for your replies. Back home now. We had Jayco replace the roof at the end of March (long story) and since they returned it to us the battery voltage is lower than it used to be (??). We were only the second night into "power-free" camping when the battery zero'd out. It had started raining prior to the alarm sounding. I am wondering if the repairs have caused further damage.... which wouldn't surprise me as this is what led to needing a new roof in the first place Has been sunny all afternoon and still no charge. Probably should put Jayco on speed dial

Reactions: Drover

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@Kayteegal... @chartrock and @Base23 are both correct in regard to stopping the buzzing (I learnt the hard way when Mrs D left the inverter switched on after using it!)

One thing to check, If you already haven't, is to see if the unit is reading any incoming amperage when parked under the sun!

Check page 3 of the Manual

Last edited: