tow rig new Mitsi

Feb 2, 2015
image.jpg
Now to add the extras and go pick up our van

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Very nice car is assume it is the new Triton.
They look great and have improved suspension, how does it drive unloaded? I believe they handle much better than the earlier Tritons when unloaded.

PS Sorry to be a bit negative, but really don't like the advertising agency made up name of Mitsi. I never heard it used in 10 years of Mitsubishi ownership. I also cannot stand the associated intelligence insulting ad campaign, the ads are very un-Australian, they are however very American, especially the ones in the bush. They really embarrass us long term Mitsubishi owners.
How about renaming this thread "Tow rig new Trtion"

Reactions: bigcol
Feb 2, 2015
Very nice car is assume it is the new Triton.
They look great and have improved suspension, how does it drive unloaded? I believe they handle much better than the earlier Tritons when unloaded.

PS Sorry to be a bit negative, but really don't like the advertising agency made up name of Mitsi. I never heard it used in 10 years of Mitsubishi ownership. I also cannot stand the associated intelligence insulting ad campaign, the ads are very un-Australian, they are however very American, especially the ones in the bush. They really embarrass us long term Mitsubishi owners.
Not fussed on the name or adds. we test drove every dual cab on the market except hilux and the new triton won by a mile for us. 8.3L around town gets to low 7s on freeway. it drives like a car. which won the wife over

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 218

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
@LivingTheDream Glad to hear you are happy with the new triton. Congrats.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly made it win by a mile, over the others? I'm assuming that would be Ranger/BT50, the new Navara, Colorado,and D Max.
Call it industry research. ;)

Reactions: LivingTheDream
Feb 2, 2015
@LivingTheDream Glad to hear you are happy with the new triton. Congrats.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly made it win by a mile, over the others? I'm assuming that would be Ranger/BT50, the new Navara, Colorado,and D Max.
Call it industry research. ;)
We are doing the big lap so we had a few things that we wanted. fuel economy. the back seat to have good lean back as we have a 3 & 5 year old and the fall asleep on big drives. good vision and seats, good warranty, But also wanted something that seemed easy to zip around in for school drop offs for when trip is over. we kept a Colorado overnight and almost signed but when we test drove the new triton we both said this is our car. plus 44k drive away automatic left change for extras. not bagging any other trucks they were all nice vehicles.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth

here here............
or
hear hear......

what ever it is in agreement...........

Reactions: dagree
Feb 2, 2015
Its a Mitsi and we love it. But I'm not that precious I'm going to cry over a TV commercial but if your like that I feel for you. stop watching TV and go outside if your brave enough

Reactions: jvp and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I don't work for mitsibushi I didn't make the advertising campaign but if I find out who did I'll be sure to let them know your upset lmfao

dont get me wrong, I think the ad is hilarious
looks like they got the actors from center link - by their enthusiasm (Its a Mitzi? - I'm getting paid work................)

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Congratulations, looks great. :yo:

I look forward to following your build :thumb:
What bullbars are offered so far for the new Tritons?

Feb 2, 2015
Congratulations, looks great. :yo:

I look forward to following your build :thumb:
What bullbars are offered so far for the new Tritons?

sport 4x4 have offered us a good deal for bull bar canopy and roof rack with small basket. I really liked there canopy with the pop out windows which also have small sliding window inside pop out. we got the call from jayco last Thursday our van is ready so we are finding it hard not to rush over and pick it up

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
ok, who won Lotto - flash New Car, flash New Van.....................
good on you,

the windows that pop out, they will make a difference when trying to get stuff into and out of the back - good choice

Reactions: LivingTheDream
Feb 2, 2015
way to go bud..........................

I have thought about selling my investment property as well....... but the market is not right (for me to sell)
If I had a dollar from everyone telling us we are mad don't do it hold your property you will regret it I'd be able to keep our investment and still do the big lap haha. Die with memory's not dreams I reckon. I don't plan on ever going overseas. Just want to show my family Australia and I'll be a very happy man.