17' Series Toilet cassette area drainage

Mitchbat

May 27, 2016
Perth
Hi All, after cleaning out a messy overflow situation in the toilet cassette box I thought it's time to seal this area so it can be hosed out. I seem to recall a thread somewhere about installing a drainage pipe for the two small cavities under this area but can't find it anywhere. Has anyone here tackled this problem and if so do you have any hints or perhaps a couple of pics,
Thanks in advance
Mitch

Reactions: Drover

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi All, after cleaning out a messy overflow situation in the toilet cassette box I thought it's time to seal this area so it can be hosed out. I seem to recall a thread somewhere about installing a drainage pipe for the two small cavities under this area but can't find it anywhere. Has anyone here tackled this problem and if so do you have any hints or perhaps a couple of pics,
Thanks in advance
Mitch
Not a good idea to hose it out.

After upgrading to an electric fan ventilator, I discovered there are a number of circuit boards and wiring behind plastic panels inside that cassette compartment, and they are not waterproofed.

In installing the ventilator, there were punch out sections in the bottom of the toilet body that could be used to install an overflow pipe.

Have a look at the thread here http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/thetford-toilet-ventilator-installation.10047/ and you can see whats in there and where the knock outs are underneath.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Having had to put the gloves on a couple of times and clean out "Ole Stinky" I have thought about it, my electonic panel is just for the full light and since it's broken is redundant, just need to pull the whole unit out, refit and seal it all, not forgetting to seal the floor first then I was just going to drill a hole and fit a bath drain and plug.
Mine has the flush from the van tanks so no pump or tank fitted. The Mod hasn't happened so far as I now know what to look for and the usual cause of the problem, so try to have things sorted before it happens, so far so good and it does require a bit more research as to what is there that I can't see.