17' Series Time to upgrade the tires - any advice?

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
Hi folks

I need to replace all 5 tires on my 17.56-1 (2014) tourer with underslung axles.

They are 7 years old, have done about 15,000kms. We are planning a lap of Oz at the moment. Main focus is on good all terrain type type, but also keen to get a bit more height and width if possible.

Looking for any advice from anyone who has:

1) upgraded the tire size using the standard rim, or
2) upgraded both tire and rim size as a combo.

Thanks.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
All depends on how much room in the wheel well and how much height you want, remembering a rise in height at the axle means the same lift at the tow ball.... any mid price range LT tyre is good enough, its a lazy tyre so basically a steer tyre beats a knobby off roader any day and will last longer.......
Depending on the size of the current rims you can go for a wider tyre with a higher profile which will give lift and save blowing money on new rims, though a good set of second hand RoH steel rims can be found for good prices ...I'd steer clear of the Chinky and Thailand jobs.
There is a lot to look at before you decide so get out the tape measure and have a look at this site; https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
I have stayed with the original tyres but if I upgraded my first preference would be to a rim matching the tug (stud pattern and offset) so the spares can be shared around

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I just changed all mine on the 17 before i sold it i put the new Adventro AT3s an upgraded tyre to the at2s much better