Interior Thetford toilet leak

Roadhouse

Mar 12, 2019
Lake Macquarie
Hey all, as per title, have a slight leak from the thetford toilet system - can be pee if not flushed (4 yr old daughter...) or can be the pink flush water if flushed - leaks into the shower base.

first pic is where it is getting through (red circle). It is the area the waste tank sits.

I tested this with water and it was going to that back corner and on into the shower base in the van.

My theory is Flush water/pee drips onto top of waste tank for some reason (as top of tank gets wet in red circle area second pic) and dribbles to the end of the area where the waste tank sits then on through to the shower base.
0DFB9541-0704-4B6C-ABFD-25EB551A90BB.jpeg

4C2ADC69-EA51-41BE-9900-92AEA1F9E8FC.jpeg

How to resolve? Would rather fix the issue of how/why water/pee gets on top of the waste tank rather than just silicon the corner of the area to stop it migrating into show area.
Thanks as always

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
One of my favourite topics and this one is easy, the slide that you have circled, open it in fact slide it off and have a look at the seal it can either be gungy, which a gentle scrub with a soft soapy brush can fix or it may have the tinest of bits of toilet tissue stuck there, common cause with female attendee's, so a good gentle clean up then spray with some olive oil, don't use other lube...

But wait its not over, while you have the can out give the fixed bit inside the cavity, that plastic bit underneath which slides the cover out of the way a bit of a tizz to make sure its clear of debris.............. Now if this doesn't rectify the leak you go to your spares box and pull out a new seal, and replace it... always carry a new seal with you, if you get a decent replacement set it will come with the new seal for the can and a new fitting for the underside of the seat but its not a biggy, the can seal is..... These will wear if you don't give then a gentle clean every other time and a quick spray with olive oil, a tiny bit of paper there will leak................... if you use powders instead of liquid in the can make a bomb of it by wrapping in paper and dropping in the can, just dropping the powder in the bowl with water will eat the seal........................