The 'No Issues' Colorado build up.

Stevie No Issues

May 29, 2014
Geelong
Spent the day in the shed and came up with the latest add-on. Jerry holder / Battery box / Storage bins / Dickey Seat / Shooters perch.
IMG_0148.jpg
IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

Stevie No Issues

May 29, 2014
Geelong
Lift kit is in. Went for the Ironman Foamcell Pro with the adjustable coilover front struts. Was a simple job to swap over the leafs in the rear but getting the new front coils to seat in the reused factory cushions.. F#@*^$%$#... A few speedhump hits and everything self aligned.. Spoke to one of the Ironman Tech guys and he told me future kits will come with a new cushion so you won't need to reuse the factory ones. Ride feels good but haven't had the van on yet to see how the constant load springs behave with 180kg on the ball.
IMG_0153.JPG
11262930_10152713777185947_19011865_n.jpg

Stevie No Issues

May 29, 2014
Geelong
EGT and bluetooth obd2 scan tool fitted to see how much more heat and rail pressure the chip is making from standard.. The Colorado didn't have anywhere to fit the temp probe which necessitated in fabricating a new 3inch dump pipe and fitting the bung into that 25 mm from the turbo flange. Bye-bye catalytic converter. Highest temps I've seen without towing so far are 380degC cruising @100kph and im allowing a differential of 200degC across the turbo for a true reading of 580degC.. although im not sure how a variable geometry turbo affects the differential numbers??? Will see how high it goes with the van on and if i need to take some fuel out via a lower setting on the chip.
IMG_0154.JPG

Stevie No Issues

May 29, 2014
Geelong
What rating are the constant rear load springs @Stevie No Issues ?

Did it give the Colorado much of a lift?

They don't actually give a weight rating but I was told they are equivelant to the 300kg constant rated that the other guys make.. I set the front struts up with the recommended spring heights and it lifted the front by 45mm.. Obviously being adjustable you can screw them up more if you want but I'm happy with that and it keeps the insurance guys happy.. The ass sits up a bit higher but will level out once the van is on. The van has 180kg on the ball plus the extra 100kg of fuel and water I'll be carrying on the tub and the 150ah battery should be bout right. Going to do a trial when we head to Nagambie on the weekend.