The Brown's 18.57-9

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
First Expanda! Gone from a 2009 outback Flamingo to this 2012 outback Expanda. Still awaiting maiden voyage.
Bought fair price. Was very tidy inside but neglected exterior. *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* days cut and polish and happy camper! (Will be shortly!)
20150215_105357.jpg
20150215_105410.jpg
20150215_105323.jpg

Attachments

• 20150215_105357.jpg
    20150215_105357.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 210

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats looking good, just waiting to get all dirty again.........but it will be your dirt..yahoo.

I've never noticed that sort of rear end on them, it looks really good.

Reactions: Brownie

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome @Brownie and well done on the polish job :encouragement:. Looks like a bit of a drawbar mod there? Do you have any extra things to do to your van?

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Thanks Drover it was ground in dirt and even some mould on seal strips it sat idle for almost a year in full sun! :( The shoulder took a work out to buff it out was a gamble but paid off. There is some yellowing mainly opposite of door side and polishing plastic bed ends was horrendous. We are bitumen and van park users atm but once we set it up for free camps it may well get some mud on it! (Wife glaring)

Reactions: Drover

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Yeh 17triton it had some jerrycan holders on drawbar but bit dodgey.. looking at some toolbox mods on here look the goods so hopefully soon will go that way with drop down spare tyre relocate underneath somewhere.
Seems stock besides stereo and some extra lights inside. Would have been nice to get one decked out already but it came up as a good price so grabbed it as it was exactly what we wanted.
Already got a bucketlist thanks to this site so slowly slowly

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Yeh 17triton it had some jerrycan holders on drawbar but bit dodgey.. looking at some toolbox mods on here look the goods so hopefully soon will go that way with drop down spare tyre relocate underneath somewhere.
Seems stock besides stereo and some extra lights inside. Would have been nice to get one decked out already but it came up as a good price so grabbed it as it was exactly what we wanted.
Already got a bucketlist thanks to this site so slowly slowly
Sounds good mate , There is a heap of info on the toolbox`s for you to browse through, looks like tou have a standard length drawbar so will have to be careful but a few members with std drawbars have fitted them on theirs.

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Sounds good mate , There is a heap of info on the toolbox`s for you to browse through, looks like tou have a standard length drawbar so will have to be careful but a few members with std drawbars have fitted them on theirs.
Yes there are a lot of good ideas so will have browse thru them all come up with something.
First thing I will prob do is bike rack on rear bar so will do some research

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Welcome aboard @Brownie, great looking van. Keep us posted with your trips and mods and remember one of our forum mottos, if there's no pictures, it didn't happen. :D
Thanks chartrock great site very handy to check out others work and get some great ideas. Have a weekender coming up so will show some pics of all set up.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mine sat in a tractor shed for a few years and got a bit of yellowing but scrubs up really well and has been the blank canvas for a heap of mods, some I found the inspiration on this fantastic site some I actually thought up myself, then found out later someone had done similar but while you may get addicted to this site the best thing is, you can give out a yell and someone is here to help.

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Mine sat in a tractor shed for a few years and got a bit of yellowing but scrubs up really well and has been the blank canvas for a heap of mods, some I found the inspiration on this fantastic site some I actually thought up myself, then found out later someone had done similar but while you may get addicted to this site the best thing is, you can give out a yell and someone is here to help.
Very handy indeed have a list already just need to find the time to get stuck into it

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Retirement is a godsend when you have that list. My mod list would take me 10 yrs if i was working.
Im about 20+ years off retiring if im lucky... I had a sneaky look at your van on this site and I am very impressed with the amount of mods. We plan on keeping this van for quite some time so get the essentials done and the rest can follow

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No need for a sneaky look , it's all there, warts and all, some of my mods actually evolve, get back from a run and they get an update or even a total rebuild, time and a shed do make it a pleasure. I would go crazy if I had to store my van.

Brownie

Feb 2, 2015
Can you come and polish mine :) You have done a great job. What polish did you use?
Bigcol tried that one already haha. Used t-cut 3in1 white. Lots of shoulder- it was pretty average before hand so pretty happy in the end