Tell us about your "First Expanda Trip Away" with pics

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi People.

As an Expanda fanatic, I just thought I'd throw another topic out there.
I'd love to hear about your first experience, first trip and if possible picture of your first set up.
Tell us where you stayed, how it went and what you thought!

My first trip was actually driving 9 hours down to Melbourne to pick up the van. My 13 year old son joined me for th road trip and it ended up being one of my favourite trips.

We stopped off at 3 rest stops on the way home. 2 over nighters and one lunch stop.

I was that excited about the van. I remember pulling up cooking dinner inside, grabbing a couple of colldies from the fridge and having a great sleep.

To my surprise, a awoke to see about 6 other vans that had also pulled up for the night on the way back from Tasmania touring.

Here are my first pics taken at the first rest stop about 1 hour north of Melbourne. Our first night in the van.

photo-116.JPG
photo-117.JPG

2009 Expanda Outback 14.44.2

Last edited:

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
exp3.jpgexp1.jpg exp2.jpg

A timeline of sorts :)

Our BlueTongue Off-Road Deluxe at Bedgerabong NSW

Picking up our 17.56-2OB from Ryans Caravans Dubbo!

Our first night, driveway camping!

Absolutely loving our van, a few teething problems sure, but all is well really. Booked in for a trip to Narrabeen Lakeside Big4 park in a couple of weeks! YEEEEHAW!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Picked the expanda up on a Wednesday in April 2011 and headed to Cervantes for a 3 night stay the following Friday. Best move we made selling the five hour setup tent and accessories and buying the van :).

Only thing I would do different would be get a hard lid version (Couldn't justify the $'s back then unfortunately)

Caravan 01.jpg

The first setup away from home.

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Well there ya go :) thanks mate!

Could have been a lucrative business idea, recording the birth of your customers expanda for them!

Reactions: Ren77

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
First trip away! Geeezzz that was 3 yrs ago, lucky to remember the last trip and that was only last weekend :dizzy:

Through think the first one was Shellharbour just an the 1hr from home or it could have been Kiama

Looking for pic