talk about bad service

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
well we finally got to take our new expanda for a holliday.more on that later.
we were having problems using water in both tanks it was emptying one then no water.
i knew it was a matter of turning the tap underneath to swap but couldnt work it out.
we did a 100k side track to albury\wadonga jayco to get it sorted.it took the spare parts man/a sales rep and a workshop guy to sort it out.
so they thought next stop we had no water.while we were at jayco i explained we had picked up some bad water at echuca thats why we wanted to drain both tanks.
after they thought they had solved the problem i asked if i went into the street and removed both drain plugs(they pointed them out)if i could fill my tanks.
they said no we havnt got any water.your joking nope no water that tap over there is for washing hands etc its tank water.
getting a little grumpy i said so in this whole new 5 acre sales yard theres no water i can use.
no none.i said to the wife fair enought lets go to a dealer that might be a little more helpfull.
then the older salesman said if your going to be like that don't be rude of then in front of our 10 yo daughter.after a few words he just walked of.
we went inside and complained to the office but they didnt show much concern.
we went back to the old jayco site in wadonga(we went there first not knowing they had moved)that is now a winsor dealer because i seen some spares when i went to get directions to the new jayco.
we somehow lost the black knob/screw that you tighten when you have the awning out.the ladie at winsor said they havnt been opened long and there waiting for more parts to come in but they went and got us two from a van they had there and fitted them for us.while they were fitting them they noticed we didnt have some velcro straps that you strap around the awning arms while traveling and gave us two of them.
when i asked what we owe them they said nothing dont worry about it.i said no you have to charge me something so i went inside to buy some things we were going to but at jayco(antenna-mast etc)but they didnt have anything yet.so i bought some level things you drive on.lucky we needed them the next 3 nights.they couldnt be anymore helpfull they let leave our van there while we drove around wadonga for some shopping.very impressed with them if i ever buy a winsor i knkow where ill be going.still havnt sorted the water thing out ill get that fixed here when i get a chance.
cheers jim and tab

Gaz70

Banned
Sep 14, 2011
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
am i right in reading your comments that when using one tank both are emptying??? if so i just replaced my three tap for two single in-line taps as the 3 way tap wasnt sealing off each tank, thus sucking water or air from both at the same time...im sure jayco head office would like to hear about your experience with that dealer...

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Sorry to hear about your bad experience Jim it sure can leave a sour taste in your mouth!

I know you may have checked but on the 3 way tap under the Expanda there is a little arrow on it, and it should be pointing downwards towards the single water line. I guess another thing to check is make sure the water lines to the tank that isn't getting used has no kinks in it.

Keep us updated with what you find

We to have left the awning knobs loose but only one side but luckily the knob didn't fall out only the nut in the arm.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
What a nightmare, hope you get it sorted soon.

Don't get me started on the incompetance of Jayco........................i have had a trying few months dealing with them myself. I unfortunatley now know why they get the "junko" nickname.

Our dealer has been great, but HQ couldn't give a stuff based in my experiences. Wouldn't be suprise if that attitude filters out. Fish rots from the head as they say in the classics.

But old mate who lives around the corner has a brand new Avan and his list of warranty issues is longer than mine, and seems to get a similar level of help (very little).................so we are not alone with our issues.

Just my recent experience, i know not every one has had a negative experience. And from reading this forum, i can tell i am an unlucky minority.

P.s. Belive it or not but on my compliance plate in the van, i noticed today that my Tare is higher than my GTM, not sure how that is possible. Must be all that anti matter i carry on holidays:mod: