Switch for water pump???

Hi There we have a 18.57-6 Expanda caravan. The van was purchased with a bit of work needed to get it up to speed. I have got all the lights working but I can not get the pump to work. Can someone tell me where the actual pump switch is??? Is there something else i have to turn on somewhere ??? I have seen comments about turning the pump off to use mains water. I have plugged mains water in and nothing come through the taps.. But there is also the issue with the on board 12v as it is not working either. Does the toilet have a seperate pump as this is not working either.

If someone could help me that would be great. I have the Jayco manual but it is hopeless. I have asked them for a service manual but they tell me they don't have one..

cheers Graz

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
My switch is in the storage compartment under seat diagonally opposite door which houses the pump, HWS etc. not at home so cannot check/post a pic at the moment. It's a 12v pump so if your 12v is not working that could be the issue, however if lights are working that would be strange as they're 12v. Same pump for the lot. Can post pics late tonight if it helps?

Hi There we have a 18.57-6 Expanda caravan. The van was purchased with a bit of work needed to get it up to speed. I have got all the lights working but I can not get the pump to work. Can someone tell me where the actual pump switch is??? Is there something else i have to turn on somewhere ??? I have seen comments about turning the pump off to use mains water. I have plugged mains water in and nothing come through the taps.. But there is also the issue with the on board 12v as it is not working either. Does the toilet have a seperate pump as this is not working either.

If someone could help me that would be great. I have the Jayco manual but it is hopeless. I have asked them for a service manual but they tell me they don't have one..

cheers Graz

PICS WOULD BE GREAT... i Stuffed up most of the 12 volt seems to be working except to the pump and maybe the fridge. Wondering if this OFF switch which i cant figure out is the problem. i will try and attach a pic of the switch setup I have. I dont have any water level guage ect unless they are hidden somewhere..

Attachments

• IMG_8088.JPG
    IMG_8088.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,130
  • IMG_8089.JPG
    IMG_8089.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,144
  • IMG_8090.JPG
    IMG_8090.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,061
  • IMG_8091.JPG
    IMG_8091.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,275

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I noticed one of the power points under the seat is turned off, have you tried turning that on?

Do the lights only work when plugged into 240v? and does it have a 12v Battery I presume it does?

The battery switch needs to be on (switch down) and I think that could be the water pump switch next to that.
As for no water on mains I'm not to sure but make sure there is no kinks where the lines are inside the van.

Reactions: GingerMEGS