Swift range Hood

Heath Denman

Apr 13, 2013
Brisbane
Hi everybody Im new to the expanda forum. We have just purchased a secondhand 16;49-3 outback and absolutly love the thing.Have started on a long list of mods thanks to the forum members.Tonight i was just giving the rangehood a clean and noticed that the fan was pretty loud, so i thought i might be able to put another type of fan in that was a little quieter.To my surprise when i turned the fan on i noticed that there was a lot of wind coming from the gap between the rangehood and the sidewall, so i removed the whole rangehood and found that the outside vent doesnt line up with the outlet of the fan on the rangehood. It misses by 3inchs it is just blowing down the sidewall and not outside. One of jayco's quality issues i guess.My only option is to move the blower inside the rangehood because i dont want to cut another vent in the side of the van. So everybody check the operation of the rangehood and make sure it is blowing air at the outside vent.Great forum i love it keep up the good work.

Reactions: Wanda

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome Heath Denman to the friendly forum, glad you like it. Nice way to start with a warning to everyone and a good find on your part. How old is the van, any chance of a warranty claim?

Brisbane resident, :cheer2: how would you like to come to Canungra this weekend for a meet up>

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hi and welcome.
We had the same problem on our 2005 expanda and I would say they all had the problem.
Jayco fixed it when we contacted them . larger outer vent and some ducting mods.

our new expander works fine and no more smoke alarm every time we toasted

Heath Denman

Apr 13, 2013
Brisbane
Thanks for the welcome.
Our van is the 2008 16;49-3ob hardlid, so im guessing wty would be out of the question. I would love to come up to Cunungra its a nice place but work commitments prevent me getting there on the weekend.The mods, when will they end lol.I have upgraded the batteries and charge system, i am fitting another solar panel tomorrow and also i intend to fit a couple of fans in the fridge vent, move the spare wheel to under the van and fit a box up front to fit the genny in.The list goes on but i love modifing things, keeps the brain ticking over.