Stupid bike rack dented my car!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
On the weekend we went for our 4th trip away in the expanda 17-56-1. Our bike rack decided the rear 1/4 panel of my new Triton was too straight. I had to do a tight u turn, oops! We didn't have a problem with our old 16-49-1, but it only only had the 4kg gas bottle on the drawbar. It is a great bike rack that drops down out of the way (Fiamma ) would probably suit someone with a extended drawbar. If anyone is interested let me know. I took it off the van today! $120 ono

IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi mate,
Still contemplating a bike rack (how and where). Bugger about your car! Was it the rack or bike that hit? Also where did you have it mounted, was it in front of gas bottles? Do you have a pic of it mounted?

cheers.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Gday Burnsy it was the bike rack that hit the car we only had the one bike on at the time.It was mounted in front of the gas bottle,that is the only way this can mount because you then remove 2 pins and it rocks forward going under the beds.I havent got a pic of it mounted i dont think.I might be able to place it back on and get a photo in the next day or 2.I think the extended draw bar would be fine and would be happy to mount it on and check it fits i see your in Newcastle so a bit far away,but i would recommend that type of rack if u are looking.The little pieces of timber are spaces just to lift it so i could use my hayman reese wdh still.

Reactions: Johnstons

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Gday Burnsy it was the bike rack that hit the car we only had the one bike on at the time.It was mounted in front of the gas bottle,that is the only way this can mount because you then remove 2 pins and it rocks forward going under the beds.I havent got a pic of it mounted i dont think.I might be able to place it back on and get a photo in the next day or 2.I think the extended draw bar would be fine and would be happy to mount it on and check it fits i see your in Newcastle so a bit far away,but i would recommend that type of rack if u are looking.The little pieces of timber are spaces just to lift it so i could use my hayman reese wdh still.

Thanks mate!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
The bike rack is sold!Now to look at the bike rack thread and see what I can do.My brother got a plate welded onto the top of his wdh and the bikes hang towards the van. It's ok but cant open the rear of the canopy.i might borrow it to check all clearances on the van. You live and u learn lol!