Stub Axle - Parts for a swing away bike\wheel carrier

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Folks,

Hope that someone can help. I'm looking at adding a swing out bike carrier to my rear bar and want to use a Stub Axle with bearings etc. as the swing\hinge mechanism.

My question is where can I get the part\bit that slides over the bearings and would have the arm that extends out welded to it. Just a short thick cylinder tapered on the inside perhaps, I guess, but cant seem to find anything

Thanks in Advance

Cheers

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
There was a guy on ebay selling the whole kit including the clamp, the link below is for the bearing and stub axle for $75

Christian

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SPARE-WH...=AU_product_Trailer_Parts&hash=item2a1df3885d

$(KGrHqV,!i0E9gve!qvOBPve5(r!Bg~~60_14.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Zero you can also buy a short axle stub from boat chandlers and use a hub? But if its just for bikes why not use a "bolt" or "pin" axle (like you are for the drop down wheel) and just make sure when its latched the swing arm "sits' at home on a support, if you get my drift? then load is then shared on two points.

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Jim, got your drift mate and you are onto something there... Might just stick to the over engineer theme for now though :)