Storage.

Harv n Bron

Jul 9, 2012
Hi all, am interested where people store their annexe in the van - And are there any tricks to packing it? At the moment mine is in the garage in a box. But, next trip it's coming out and I'm going to be the bloke trying to put it up ( for the first time). I have the tebbs annexe bought at the time I got the van.

Grateful for any tips in terms of putting it up too? ( the best one offered locally so far has been to get someone else to do it, watch them and then give them a beer!).

Thanks Harv.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
HnB,

way back when we used to tent it, i was all ways trying to get the air out of the canvas when folding/rolling it all up the put away in the provided bag. so, what i did one day is get the bag out and placed it on the floor and folded the canvas up as best i could to mate the largest size of the bag, then i got one of the kids and rolled them up inside the canvas (was fun for them too), to get all the air out of it so it'll fold up/roll flatter.

with our tebbs annexe i do the above then unroll then fold up to the largest size of the bag and it allways slots in just fine. need to place the long wall down first then the shorter walls on top though keep then all to one side equally so all the fold line are consistant. i do this with people watching me (as us caravanners do), and to date it hasn't failed a deserving beer for the fun it provided them from watching and learning in packing up an annexe. i am currently in the process in under van storage mod for the annexe bag, watch this space.

any issues, youtube it, good luck. Pace.

surfingbird

Oct 8, 2012
Rockhampton
fortunate enough to have a dedicated annex storage compartment on the other side (than the door) wall. A locked and sealed area you can put away a wet or dirty annex.

just fold it however, and put it away :) dont worry about consistant fold lines, i just make sure im i dont damage the screens or zips.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
We had a nice waterproof bag for our in our old van and we would put it on the floor of the van when we thought we were going to use it. We folded ours up into a rectangle in the bag and after a little while it would almost fold back in exactly the same way. Don't forget tent pegs and some time, because time spent setting it up right will stop flapping and wind related disaster. Or in other words make it taunt and peg it down, it's worth the effort because the weather changed and annex's blow away taking some van with them. I know ... :embarassed: Insurance sorted it for me in the end.

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
We have had the luxury of it fitting easily under the bed of the lower bunk (along with camp ovens, toilet, hot water unit and heap of other stuff). We did find it easier though to pack each piece separately, much easier than getting the entire bag out especially if we're only putting one wall up

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Store ours folded separately under the dinette seat next to the door. Pull out awning and just have to reach inside the door to get the walls we want and leave the rest there if not needed.
Get stored in order that we may need them with the shade screen on top.
If storing for trip home when wet they sort of get folded and placed on the shower floor till cleaned and dried... Knew we got the shower model for a reason :wink:

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
I store mine in the shed out of the van when not in use just till the new smell of the canvas is gone, then it will be stored in the van.

Greg