Storage baskets

Themoneypennys

Mar 24, 2013
image.jpg
Hi all,
I know it's a common mod but its my first on our new 17.56-2 and am quite happy how its turned out. Thought I'd keep the weight down with the plastic boxes and used ally section for the runners.
Onto the next mod now.
Neil

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
And a well executed mod at that!!
Is that just aluminum c section that you are using for runners? Very simple idea. :thumb:

Themoneypennys

Mar 24, 2013
Hi Brad, yes it's just ally c section. Thought it would help keep weight down. Sanded the front edges smooth so kids won't cut themselves and just put a screw stopper at the rear. Each drawer with runner is about 200g. $50 all up.

Reactions: blacky

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Great Job, very simple and effective. So is this pantry, or clothes storage?
One pice of advice for you, from my soft floor camper days.
I spent a lot of time finding plastic containers that were just the right size to stack up in the storage area maximizing the sapce available. A year or so later, a couple of the containers had started falling apart, but unfortunately, I could no longer find the same containers at anywhere. I had to redo the whole area with new (different sized)containers.
My advice is to buy a few spares while you can, just in case.:encouragement:

Last edited:

Themoneypennys

Mar 24, 2013
Thanks Soaring,
It is for the pantry, and I did think about the breakage part as I did struggle to find the right size like you said. I found them in a pack of 12 luckily so I bought 2 lots and will use the others around the van. If the pantry ones break I'll utilise the others.
But yes what a struggle to find the right size! That was probably the hardest job.

AddItUp

Sep 29, 2013
Looks fantastic...very professional. May have to do this in ours too.