Old & Moved Stone Stomper custom made stone guards

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Hi Fellow Expanda owners,

Our stone guards are a trepeze style going from the width of the vehicle to the width of the camper under the A frame giving full protection. Each Stone Stomper is custom made to your measurements using heavy duty truck mesh (not shade cloth), giving a perfect fit, check out our web site at www.stonestomper.com.au

Installation is very simple taking less than an hour for the initial install then connecting and disconnecting takes less than 10 Seconds. Access to the back of the vehicle when hitched up is just a matter of pushing your shin against the mesh and the mesh stretches in or unclip two clips (3 seconds) and the mesh is out of your way.

Manufacture is around 1 week from order and we deliver Australia wide.

When camped the mesh is tucked back under the camper completely out of the way so you have unrestricted access to the front of your camper.

Some feed back below from a customer with a Stone Stomper and their family member with the same camper but travelling without a Stone Stomper and a two caravans the same make doing the same trip with a Stone Stomper and the damage without a Stone Stomper.

Thanks for looking

Christian
www.stonestomper.com.au

As seen on TV with Escape with ET up in the Cape York

Bathurst Bay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRE6L2Rg5uY

Lakefield N/P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etfyj-NhWF0&feature=player_embedded

Hello Christian,

We have been back for a couple of weeks and I have just got around to
sending these images following our trip along the Gibb River Road. On the
trip my wife was sceptical as to the need for a Stone Stomper even though we
saw plenty of cardboard covering damaged back windows on wagons. We called
into our daughter at Pt Lincoln on the way home, they bought an identical
set up to us at the same time. Recently their trailer did a trip in the Lake
Eyre region and you can see from the photos the results of not having a
stone guard. My wife now also understands the benefits. Another benefit
of the Stone Stomper was a major reduction in dust build up on the back
window of the wagon.

Regards
Graham

Hello Christian,
Just back from Birdsville Races. Covered approx 540km's on dirt using the stone stomper. Ran with it on from Birdsville back to Quilpie just to be sure as the road was littered with stone on the narrow one lane tar sections..
My van is essentially a standard Evernew Caravan which has a mesh tray on the a frame.
Picture #1 is of my tray after travelling the dirt road from near Windorah to Birdsville. As can be noted, there is very little in the way of stones caught up on the tray.
Picture #2 is of an almost identical Evernew Caravan (my previous van infact) which travelled without a stone stomper. "Protecting" the front of the van was a rubber skirt attached to the vehicle. As can be seen, the tray is littered with stones of all shapes and sizes. The gas bottles had been peppered, the vynal on the van had been marked, the aluminium had been marked and clearance reflectors has been smashed.
No doubt you get reports back about useage but rarely would you get a response where two almost identical vans do an identical trip. I believe these photo's speak for themselves.
Regards
phil

image0004.jpg image0003.jpg

image0002.jpg image0001.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 1,001
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 926
  • image0020.jpg
    image0020.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 968
  • image0003 (2).jpg
    image0003 (2).jpg
    112 KB · Views: 878
  • image0009.jpg
    image0009.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 857
  • image0021.jpg
    image0021.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 881
  • LawnHill River.jpg
    LawnHill River.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 1,064

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hello Christian

We just left the Flinders Rangers and are now in Ardrossan . Yep we broke a back window on our ARB conopy. We were leaving Rawnsley Park Station got onto the made road and within
3 k's pop goes the rear window.
Anyway a quick phone call to ARB East Keilor and we got a call from ARB Elizabeth that they had the window in stock so dropped off the van in Ardrossan and a drive to the elizabeth store
within have an hour shes all fixed and there's a $ 400 hole in my pocket but thanks ARB you guys were great.

Anyway back to the main point We Need a Stone Stomper Please I dont want to go through that again. :car:
How do we order and what info do you need ? Or do i need to go through your web site ?

M Flack flack@bmail.com.au

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Hi M Flack,

What a pain but you did well to have it replaced so fast, also check your car insurance as they are sometimes covered.

No problems with a stone stomper, I will email you our info pack on how to take the two measurements.

Thanks again

Christian

Russell

Sep 13, 2010
Question: Looking at stone guard protection for Expanda. Why is Stone Stomper better than say Rock Tamer?

Regards
Russell

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
Hi Stone Stomper, can the stone stomper be interchanged between vehicles? I have a Territory and a Prado but most work will be performed by the Territory, only the rough stuff will be covered by the ever reliable Prado.

Cheers

Feb 1, 2012
I have rock tamers and also a stone stomper, I don't use the stompers any more.

Christian, my Expanda arrives on Friday whats the turn around for the new mesh?

Feb 1, 2012
Already have it, I got incontact with you as soon as I ordered. Will measure up over weekend and let you know if I have questions.

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks to Christian for a great job on my stone guard. I spoke to Christian a couple of times to find out more information and to change things slightly and have nothing but praise for him and his workmanship. I also asked a big favour which was to have them made and delivered in a short time frame for our trip away. Christian came through with the goods in the time frame required and delivered to my door ready to fit the day before leaving. After about 20 min to half hour of putting the protective foam and getting my cordless drill to charge all fitted and perfect fit.

Thanks again Christian for great service and a hassle free transaction. They worked great and will recommend them to any one i can think of with a van or camper.

Cheers,

Colin

Reactions: Stone Stomper

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Well you have sold me with that vid.
When our turn comes to visit the top end, I will be tapping on your door for one of those puppies Christian.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Loving our Stone Stomper, and you just given me an idea where to mount the Jockey wheel for transit, sick of trying to stuff it in the boot as it's usually last thing you pack away and the first thing you need a setup.

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Loving our Stone Stomper, and you just given me an idea where to mount the Jockey wheel for transit, sick of trying to stuff it in the boot as it's usually last thing you pack away and the first thing you need a setup.

Hi Bushman, also from your local Repco or Auto parts place grab a universal steering rack boot around $5 and slip over the jockey wheel and this will keep the dust out of the internals and grease.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Nice video Christian. I can recommend the stone stomper after our recent trip to Tassie, especially on the Western Explorer Rd.

It sure got a lot of intrest from fellow campers.

Reactions: Stone Stomper

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Hi Moto moto, planning for our trip to tassie at december, is the western explorer rd suitable for territory/17.55.5 ob ?
thx
bonners