Old & Moved Stone Guards - Jayco, Goldstream, Coromal, Camper Trailer\Caravans

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Morning Folks,
I am new to this forum and don't own an expanda (i wish i did) I actually have a Swan Outback Camper and am a regular on the MySwag Forum.
My reason for posting here today is that I noticed on a number of occasions on MySwag that people would ask about other members Stone Guards and that there is really no readily available off the shelf available.
So I saw this as an opportunity to help out fellow Camper's and fabricate my own version in my spare time (weekends and after hours) and offer it at a reasonable price.
I will be making them to order so need about three days or so from time of order to pick-up - I am in Point Cook, Victoria for collection.

I went through a few iterations before settling on a sell-able product - hence V2.0

Key notes:
Shade Cloth very easy to replace due to attachment system
25x25x1.6 galvernised rhs
Minamal flat face area perpandicular to the car thereby further reducing risk of stones bouncing bac to car
Heavy Duty Mud Flaps

Copy from MySwag:
Just Released: * V2.0 *(1000 ways to skin a cat *:laugh: *:cheers: )

PM me for more details and a price if interested.

Traditional Flat Plate\U-Bolt Mounting
Durable Snap Fitting Shade Cloth System on Bottom Front rather than Snap Studs
Wider
Mud Flaps now a Standard Feature - (No, no Mudflap option)

Just PM me you know you want one *:cheers:

DSC_3416.jpg
DSC_3411.jpg
DSC_3410.jpg

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
That looks great Zerosecta, it's the first time I've seen this thread....... Maybe you should go in to fabrication as a full time job!

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Thanks BigGee, mate I'd love nothing more than to do that and get away from my city job :).

Den ham - Sorry Mate... I am currently on a break from making these. They are fairly time consuming and I have just put up another add to offer my services to members who may want HD rear bar and wheel relocation.

Cheers

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey Zero. Do you mind telling us where you get this mudfaps? Are hey truck 600mm ones?

stormpatrol

Oct 26, 2011
newy/nsw
Thanks BigGee, mate I'd love nothing more than to do that and get away from my city job :).

Den ham - Sorry Mate... I am currently on a break from making these. They are fairly time consuming and I have just put up another add to offer my services to members who may want HD rear bar and wheel relocation.

Cheers

Nice work zerosector very neat shade cloth system what is the green stuff at the bottom

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Folks,

Since I don't have the time to make these at the moment - happy to share any info on them for anyone who would like to try make thier own.

Steal used is 25 x25 *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*.6 Galvernised (then just spray cold Gal on welds)
Shade Cloth is 90% from Bunnings etc.
Shade cloth attchemnet along the bottom at the front is - http://www.ezyfixclip.com.au
Shade cloth on top and side is - vgrip \ Shade Grip - http://www.vgrip.com.au
Mud Flaps bought from here - http://www.hyway-store.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=15927 (think it was the 18 x 24 that i used)

What you will find is doing it this way is not cheap but you get a great looking guard that is very tidy and easy to replace cloth when required.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks Zero, those flaps look heaps better than the insertion rubber i was going to use.

devonwood316

Nov 15, 2012
Balnarring 3926
Zerosecta,
Are you still making the stoneguards. Have purchased Expanda 14.44.3 with extended draw bar to accomodate twin 20lt jerry holders and want to protect the front with some form of guard. Can you get in contact at your leisure.

Devonwood316

TerryCann

May 7, 2013
Hi zerosecta,

I have just bought a Coromal Off-Road van and would like to fit a stone guard. Can you give me a quote please.

Cheers,

Joe

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Hi zerosecta,

I have just bought a Coromal Off-Road van and would like to fit a stone guard. Can you give me a quote please.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe, you're are probably better off sending zerosecta a PM (Private Message) that way he's more likely to get it, as he may miss your post.