17' Series Still waiting for our 17.56-1...

Cuttsy888

May 2, 2014
Our 17.56-1 was due off line last Wednesday but it never happened
Today we found out it did come offline but failed quality control so is back on the production line.
The dealership doesn't know why it failed and are apparently waiting to hear back from the factory as they have no idea when we are likely to get it....don't think they'd even care if we didn't keep calling them!
Feeling very disheartened and the excitement is disappearing. We havnt even seen it and it sounds like it's being repaired!! understand now why so many people but near new secondhand....ordered it 4 months ago today!
Anyone else had delays like this?
Also dealer wants 3 hours for delivery. Is this necessary? We have had a swan for 5 years so don't see what they could need to show us to take 3 hrs. They've also just told us they don't do handovers on a Saturday which is going to be hard with work...hopefully they can do a Friday arvo!

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
also from Melbourne just curious , what dealership, seaford?
3 hours for hand over might be what they allow, but might not take that long.

very exciting times to come, great step up from the swan,

Cheers

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Mate we too had issues with delivery delay. Re the 3hrs, yes the dealer allot this time frame, your chioce how much of it you want/ need of them to show you operations of van (awning is one you want to know though).

Reactions: Cuttsy888

Cuttsy888

May 2, 2014
Mate we too had issues with delivery delay. Re the 3hrs, yes the dealer allot this time frame, your chioce how much of it you want/ need of them to show you operations of van (awning is one you want to know though).
Thanks, the awning is about the only thing I could think of that they need to show us as they showed us beds/ roof/ bunks before we purchased. Will allow the 3 hrs and see how we go. They are fitting the anti flap kit and awnjng support bars but I'm assuming they will do that before handover.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Thanks, the awning is about the only thing I could think of that they need to show us as they showed us beds/ roof/ bunks before we purchased. Will allow the 3 hrs and see how we go. They are fitting the anti flap kit and awnjng support bars but I'm assuming they will do that before handover.
Yep the anti flap stuff will be done and I think you will be done in about an hour ,we were as it wasn`t our first van either.

george123456789

Jun 13, 2014
Our 17.56-1 was due off line last Wednesday but it never happened
Today we found out it did come offline but failed quality control so is back on the production line.
The dealership doesn't know why it failed and are apparently waiting to hear back from the factory as they have no idea when we are likely to get it....don't think they'd even care if we didn't keep calling them!
Feeling very disheartened and the excitement is disappearing. We havnt even seen it and it sounds like it's being repaired!! understand now why so many people but near new secondhand....ordered it 4 months ago today!
Anyone else had delays like this?
Also dealer wants 3 hours for delivery. Is this necessary? We have had a swan for 5 years so don't see what they could need to show us to take 3 hrs. They've also just told us they don't do handovers on a Saturday which is going to be hard with work...hopefully they can do a Friday arvo!

We purchased a van from Page Bros approx. 8 months ago and this is the standard waiting time for a van that is being ordered from the factory. The handover time is dependant on experience and competency - Page bros have always be more that accommodating to our caravanning needs and requests - give them a break all-actions have the same reactions!!!!!!!!

Cuttsy888

May 2, 2014
Have tentatively been booked in for handover next Wednesday arvo...yay!!!
The wait now is due to Jayco waiting for a technician to fit the ESC, scheduled for tomorrow.
Getting excited now!!

Cuttsy888

May 2, 2014
We purchased a van from Page Bros approx. 8 months ago and this is the standard waiting time for a van that is being ordered from the factory. The handover time is dependant on experience and competency - Page bros have always be more that accommodating to our caravanning needs and requests - give them a break all-actions have the same reactions!!!!!!!!
Im not saying its Page Bros fault that it has taken this long.I know it is the Jayco factory that takes the time, not the dealer.
Picking up at 3 so guessing they don't anticipate it taking 3 hours.
Can't wait!

Jeremy

Jun 13, 2014
Im not saying its Page Bros fault that it has taken this long.I know it is the Jayco factory that takes the time, not the dealer.
Picking up at 3 so guessing they don't anticipate it taking 3 hours.
Can't wait!
Hey - if you want the delivery process to take less than 3 hours - that's up to you! just say "give me the keys" and off you go but don't then go back to them with a million questions.

Cuttsy888

May 2, 2014
Hey - if you want the delivery process to take less than 3 hours - that's up to you! just say "give me the keys" and off you go but don't then go back to them with a million questions.

I don't mind how long it takes, would just be surprised if if takes 3 hours so was asking the question of how long it took others who have had a van before!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
2hrs for my first van. Time flew by. I'm happy to spend a long time when picking up the new van in October. I love that kind of stuff!