Stands

PJ58

Apr 23, 2014
Hi everybody,
I have just joined this top of the range forum group. Just took delivery of a 2014 Jayco Expanda Outback last Saturday.

I'm after some advice on suitable stands to assist my rig to be parked level on my slightly sloped driveway - all I need is to raise the van about 2 - 3 cms on one side

I am reluctant to use the stabilising legs as they may get damaged.

I live in Perth.

Thanks folks

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Howdy and welcome what about some wood blocks / planks of wood that all I use when our van is uneven and enjoy this forum guarantee you will happy holidays:triumphant:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I use the leveling ramps, just reverse the van onto one of the wedges to level the van.
Carry two with me for uneven CP sites. We bought the ones that have a secondary smaller wedge that locks onto the first one from the opposite direction so I don't need to have brakes hard on to stop the Panda rolling down.
Used them quite few times at parks especially roadside stops where flat sites are often not available.
Store easily in the boot.
Much like these
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...8102&item=221416254049&lgeo=1&vectorid=229515
But a lot cheaper, on special at last caravan & camping show

Last edited:

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Gday PJ58 - welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. Plenty of ideas on this forum to enhance your caravanning experience.
Pieces of wood is the way to go - just back the van onto them. The ramps are good for about 10cm lift.
You can also get adjustable car stands (Supercheap) if you want to jack the whole van up off the wheels for storage, but then why have a van if you are not using it regularly?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hahaha, I wind the drop jacks down as well. :)
jacks on stands :) pack of cards.
When we started looking at vans went to look at one at a yard looking at non Jaycos, went down the back of a single axle together and she started tipping. After that we checked jacks where down every time we got in one. Maybe that is why we getting the dual axle now..

Reactions: CrazyMOBB

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We were looking at a 14' at Brisbane Camperland with a rear bed. My wife wanted to know how we would fit on the bed so she lay down on it and I sat down ready to lie down beside her. It tipped back with a "BANG" and I jumped up, so immediately it dropped forward again with an even louder "BANG"s it dropped down on its jockey wheel. That sure got us some salesman attention but they admitted it was their fault that the legs weren't down.

Mrs CR is now almost paranoid about the drop jacks being down, whether the van is still attached to the truck or the bed is still up.

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi,
I have several lengths of marine ply cut at various lengths. I use the longest length first then add the shorter ones on top to get the correct height. Using different lengths makes it into a stepped ramp. Works great
Cheers
Nick

PJ58

Apr 23, 2014
Thanks everyone for your replies, apologies for not responding sooner due to login issues.

I managed to 'lift' the van to the desired height by using bricks - seemed to work OK.

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Have been reading the posts on this thread with interest - we have a sloped driveway and currently do have the drop jacks down as well as levelling wedges. After reading a few posts I'm worried now that they might get damaged? The van seems pretty stable ie it's not going to coast down the driveway on its own or anything, so what could cause them to get damaged? Probably a stupid question with a really obvious answer but I didn't sleep well last night so head is a bit foggy this arvo lol