Spammer

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G’day all, it seems a spammer/hacker has found it’s way on to the forum without going through our checking process. So far he/she/it used the name “cereril223” and is offering free money. As there is no such thing, please don’t click on his suggested site. He has been blocked but these clowns are as cunning as the proverbial SH rat so it may pop up again with a different tag.
Please let me know if these things pop up as, if they don’t address me directly and they bypass our checkin system, then I will not be aware of them.
Thanks to the trio who let me know.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Did you get that message I sent using that "report" tab in the PM bit ?? ...... just wodering if it works.

PS:. Okay I should have checked first as it all gone....

Reactions: chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
"Intruder Alert" looks like we have another one this time from the Cook Islands with no profile............. I think it might be time folks to go over your details and delete things that give out your ID and address sort of stuff... we are getting poked to see what happens..........

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Check profile before responding to any posts directed at you as it does seem to be a few joining in the wee hours of the morning .... location is irrelevant I would think ................ probing for weak spots and data gathering to be sure...

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
This mongrel is supposedly from New York but his current IP address is from Latvia. It also has numerous names with IP addresses all over the shop so, as @Drover has suggested, make sure your personal information is secure and give nothing away as it always seems to be trolling the forum list.