16' Series Some of my 16.49-1 mods ..

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Hinged gas bottle cover , wiring harness cradle , non slip step , fishing rod storage ,
slide out pantry , and slide out wine cellar.

Jemmo

Feb 25, 2016
Bendigo, Vic
Hi @wally ,
I love the slide out pantry. Can you advise details of where you got it, cost, dimensions etc, and anytips/tricks for installation?
Thanks, Jemmo

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
Hi @wally ,
I love the slide out pantry. Can you advise details of where you got it, cost, dimensions etc, and anytips/tricks for installation?
Thanks, Jemmo
Hi Jemmo '
I got them at the closing down sale at Masters ...but i recon Bunnings would sell the same thing , can't remember the brand etc sorry .
They were easy to fit ,just bolted them through the side of the cupboard with some over sized bolts and washers as the board is not that thick.
Cheers Wal

Reactions: Jemmo

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I think the distributor is Camec but several caravan suppliers sell them. We've been looking for an extra pullout pantry shelf and ordered it on eBay......after triple checking the measurements. It was a bit difficult to source but finally decided to check eBay and there it was.

I know they come in several sizes....a mistake we've made in the past was to measure the shelf width, rather than that for the space less the mouldings, if that makes sense.

Also Arova online sell side or bottom mounted units.

and Dunn and Watson have good quality units and a huge range...I found them after I'd made do with something else....damn.

Last edited:

SkinnyBuddah

Jul 12, 2015
Ballarat
Does the gas bottle cover just use the existing clip at the back to hold it down?

I see the new ones come with elastic hold downs instead

Reactions: wally

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
Yeah it uses the rear metal clips ...I was down at Jayco the other day and noticed the 2017 models have the same metal clips , but also with a elastic toggle each side ...the metal clips tend to shake loose !!!! This is the reason I put hinges on the cover , so even if the clips unclip , the cover can't go anywhere ..Cheers