So many different things going wrong

Kay

Sep 15, 2013
Hi
Just been reading some of the threads.
We have had a few things go wrong with our expander. We have had it three years in June .

Reading about the window creaking , just noticed that we have one in our window right in the middle at the bottom, not done by a stone. Will have to look into this.

We have just had the shower walls replaced as they had gone yellow, went to pick it up, the section that has the basin in it , looks yellow next to what was fixed, they have said they are going to replace this now. I did hear that it was something to do with the hatch, not being uv safe or something , they did not replace this, so I asked if it goes yellow again is it going to be replaced again, I think they are going to do it when it goes in.
Jayco have come to the party with fixing this,even though we are well out of warranty.

What I would like to know does, anyone have trouble with heat coming through the draw under the chair, when the weather is really hot, and you have you air conditioner on.The heat that comes from that just doesn't seem right to me, I worry about the things we have in that draw.

Reactions: Jazzy jayco

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Our wash basin etc has gone yellow. When I noticed it turning yellow, I put some reflector stuff in the hatch air vent.
Did they replace your shower walls because you took it back to where you bought the van from or did you go direct to Jayco first? My reason for asking is because mine is a 2010 model!

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Hi
Just been reading some of the threads.
We have had a few things go wrong with our expander. We have had it three years in June .

Reading about the window creaking , just noticed that we have one in our window right in the middle at the bottom, not done by a stone. Will have to look into this.

We have just had the shower walls replaced as they had gone yellow, went to pick it up, the section that has the basin in it , looks yellow next to what was fixed, they have said they are going to replace this now. I did hear that it was something to do with the hatch, not being uv safe or something , they did not replace this, so I asked if it goes yellow again is it going to be replaced again, I think they are going to do it when it goes in.
Jayco have come to the party with fixing this,even though we are well out of warranty.

What I would like to know does, anyone have trouble with heat coming through the draw under the chair, when the weather is really hot, and you have you air conditioner on.The heat that comes from that just doesn't seem right to me, I worry about the things we have in that draw.

With the windows cracking. It is a common problem for the 2010-2011 vintage. We have met a few people now with cracks around the bottom of the windows. We are waiting on Jayco responce.

Also the heat from the A/C is normal. Dont panic

Kay

Sep 15, 2013
Our wash basin etc has gone yellow. When I noticed it turning yellow, I put some reflector stuff in the hatch air vent.
Did they replace your shower walls because you took it back to where you bought the van from or did you go direct to Jayco first? My reason for asking is because mine is a 2010 model!

We went to where we got it from. I told her that I looked it up on the internet, and people had trouble with the same problem. They had their' s replaced so I wanted mine done seeing they had the same problem.
She got in touch with Jayco and they arranged it.have to take it back next month to get the basin done. When I complained about the basin, she said you didn't say anything about that, I told her I didn't know the basin was that discoloured till they had the new walls in, I said I would have thought they would have seen it when they were doing it.

My husband has put the reflector stuff on, not sure if it had already gone by then and we hadn't noticed it. When you first see it you think it's a shadow, we only really noticed it because the toilet roll holder and mirror had come off because of the heat, there were these white patches where they had been.
If you google it you will fine where some people have wrote about it.

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
We had ours replaced due to yellowing also, it is a 2010 model. They replaced the walls and basin at the same time. We were also told it was caused by the vent but then he stopped short when he noticed it was still white and not clear. Our's was white, we put the van cover on and 2 weeks later when cover came off it was yellow. I put it down to heat, at the time we had 2 weeks of very hot weather and with the cover on no heat could escape and no light could get in.

Reactions: Jazzy jayco

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Been advised by Jayco that they will supply a replacement basin and surround, but I have to pay for installation. I suppose that is reasonable as it is nearly 4 years old.

Reactions: bigcol

dakky68

Nov 19, 2013
Newcastle
Ah, this is the first I have heard of the yellowing being related to the hatch. Ours is horrible. But glad to know it's not from a previous owner smoking in there (the idea of which kind of grossed me out...).

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Agree expanda, they have just agreed to replace my cracked bathroom wall 12 months out of warranty

Excellent stuff.....

Not to mention Bushman's entire roof replaced, bathrooms replaced, roof lids, suspension etc etc the list goes on and all out of warranty!

Its one of the reasons why I keep going back and although tempted by the dark side this just cements in my mind where my hard earned $$$'s will go.

Sunny

Aug 19, 2013
Lake Macquarie
Yep we were 3 years out and covered us for a new ensuite ..

Seriously... 3 years out?!

We have a 2010 and I just noticed a crack on the ensuite wall running from the beneath the left corner of the shower mixer horizontally across to the wall corner and continuing forwards toward the door latch, probably 500mm long!!
Van gets little use and has never been in an accident, however it is stored outside beneath a van cloth-type cover. Without taking off the mixer surround I can only assume the cladding/sheeting has been weakened where it was cut out for the mixer and due to expansion/ contraction has fractured from the weakest point?
What or who was your first point of contact regarding repairs if you don't mind me asking??

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com

We have a 2010 and I just noticed a crack on the ensuite wall running from the beneath the left corner of the shower mixer horizontally across to the wall corner and continuing forwards toward the door latch, probably 500mm long!!
Van gets little use and has never been in an accident, however it is stored outside beneath a van cloth-type cover. Without taking off the mixer surround I can only assume the cladding/sheeting has been weakened where it was cut out for the mixer and due to expansion/ contraction has fractured from the weakest point?
What or who was your first point of contact regarding repairs if you don't mind me asking??

If you have a relationship with your dealer contact them.

Secondly contact your local service centre and get them to take it up with Jayco HQ.

Failing that contact Jayco HQ direct.

Anyway lets get back on topic :)

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A

We bought from Australian Caravan Co in Adelaide and spoke straight to the people in charge of warranty / repairs who then got in contact with Jayco HQ and then it all came together