17' Series So close, yet so far!

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Hi all, we ordered a 17.56-2 back in August and it was due off the production line October 9. We were told it would be a month after that before it is ready to be picked up. We were booked in to pick it up this Wednesday 11/11 until we recieved the phone call. They said ours was selected for a seperate quality check and guess what, it failed!. So no van next week. We are now waiting to hear from the dealer to find out when we will get it. Has anyone else experienced the extra quality check? I would love to know what failed. At least it will have had plenty of quality checks and I will be going over there t with a fine tooth comb!

Reactions: bigcol

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome @Rusty02 and you may have one of the very few with no faults when you get it fingers crossed. It would be nice to know what failed.

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hi all, we ordered a 17.56-2 back in August and it was due off the production line October 9. We were told it would be a month after that before it is ready to be picked up. We were booked in to pick it up this Wednesday 11/11 until we recieved the phone call. They said ours was selected for a seperate quality check and guess what, it failed!. So no van next week. We are now waiting to hear from the dealer to find out when we will get it. Has anyone else experienced the extra quality check? I would love to know what failed. At least it will have had plenty of quality checks and I will be going over there t with a fine tooth comb!
Hi Rusty, and sorry to hear about your situation.
But, this is what annoys me. Your van came off the line back in October, and its only now that you find out that the van failed the extra quality check?
That sux!!!
Well, hopefully you won't have to wait long.
An, yes. It would be good to get a report on what they found that failed.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yepp,
I would be hassling the Dealer to find out what failed - and why

you can always plead innocent and say "well, fancy it failing, after all the QC at each station..............."

Reactions: dagree

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
Sorry to hear mate, ours is due of the line on 11/11 also, hopefully ours goes ahead, better they find the problems now rather then you finding them and then having to get it back to them countless times.

We bought ours from Page Bros in Vic, we have had a call from them about a fortnight back giving us a delivery date for the 19 Nov, which suits us, allows us to arrange things a bit better....just hoping the date doesn't change to later in the month...

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Yes, hopefully we get it with no other issues. The only real thing I am annoyed at is as Aussiejet said, it came off the line 9/10, why has it taken so long to go back on the line to be fixed? We are heading to Bundaberg for a week over Christmas so as long as we get it back with enough time to get the annex and privacy screen fitted before we go. I'm sure everything will be fine, glass half full at this stage!

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Another update- We went to handover on Tuesday thinking we would be bringing home our van, not to be We found it had 3 major faults so we have rejected it, we now have to wait till end of February for a replacement van. The dealer is giving us a van to use for our Christmas holiday for which we are grateful. The long wait starts again!

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Sorry to hear that Rusty.
We are picking our van up next Friday, so I hope we don't have any issues.

Can I ask what your issues were so that I can look out for similar problems, and not miss anything?

Thanks.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Sorry to hear that @Rusty02 , I know they got @achjimmy 's van through in about 5 weeks when he rejected his van so fingers crossed it's a bit sooner than the end of Feb. I'm interested to know what faults as well as I have a van on order as well.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Another update- We went to handover on Tuesday thinking we would be bringing home our van, not to be We found it had 3 major faults so we have rejected it, we now have to wait till end of February for a replacement van. The dealer is giving us a van to use for our Christmas holiday for which we are grateful. The long wait starts again!

how do you like a post, but not like come of the contents

bugger about the Van man, but glad to see your dealer is trying to help you

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Aussiejet and 17triton, the three items were- bed end tents had a big sag on one side at each end so water could sit if it got under the hardlid, the bottom of the entry door frame had a 5mm gap in one of the corner joints so it was installed out of level and sharp, and the big one was the side wall had been hit, bogged and painted. Jayco are now giving us a 2016 for the price of a 2015 and a loan van for Christmas holidays. We are happy with the outcome thanks to Jayco.

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
HI @Rusty02, I feel your pain. We ordered a 17.55-5sh Journey In January. It came off the production line in March and was delayed in Melbourne for so called "Quality Checks" It arrived some six weeks later. The dealer had no idea what the delay was. We organized to look at the caravan prior to arranging registration and pickup. Lucky we did, because there were many defects in the timber cabinetry and fittings. We told the dealer we would not accept the caravan in that condition and gave them an opportunity to rectify it to our satisfaction Before we would consider accepting it and getting it registered. It wasn't until late August our caravan was ready. The dealer was pretty good though. We are still waiting for some more cabinetry to be replace and I have fixed some items myself. I sent a letter to Jayco in Melbourne stating the defects, non existent quality checks and poor presentation of the caravan. Luckily the exterior is ok. Mind you, a caravan with those sorts of defects, should not have left the factory!
Hopefully your replacement caravan will be better. I am pleased the dealer at least have given you a caravan to take away at Christmas. Once you receive your new van the excitement will put the bad past behind you.
Cheers
Nick

Reactions: bigcol and dagree