sky light 16.49 Expanda

roscoe

Mar 12, 2013
Does anyone know why you can't have a skylight in this series? Not sure if it's all 16's but I've seen them in the 17 series?

Cheers

Roscoe

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
@roscoe Interesting that one, I too wouldnt mind if it was an option to get a 3 way ceiling hatch/ skylight. Though if you refer to skylights in the 17's, you are not referring to shower vent are you?

Pace.

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Does anyone know why you can't have a skylight in this series? Not sure if it's all 16's but I've seen them in the 17 series?

Cheers

Roscoe
Actually that's one of the standard new inclusions on the 2014 model 16 series. We found out on Saturday, that along with coil suspension, different flooring, bench tops and fabrics. 120W solar I think they said is standard now too.
This is for the outback model we're now getting.
S&P.

Reactions: blacky

roscoe

Mar 12, 2013
S&P
Interesting! I've got a 16.49-4 on order with a pick date og 19/12. I wonder what model I'll actually be getting? Certainly worth a question. As for the ability of even having a skylight I was told by Page Bro's that it's not possible in the 16 series??? they also said I couldn't have a remote mover fitted ( I am ) so I might just ask the other suppliers.

hardexpanda

Oct 30, 2013
Happy Valley SA
I had been considering getting a skylight on my 16.49-1 Outback but have opted for the clear window panels on the skirt instead. I am thinking of putting solar on the roof so I don't want too much weight to lift up!

roscoe

Mar 12, 2013
OK, so got a reply from Prestige in Geelong. The skylight etc is standard on the new 2014 outback models. Might be able to do an after market fit on the 2013 models, but only after they see the new models and how it's done. they don't expect to see anything until March/April of next year.

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
If you ask me, take a look at how Jayco Factory do it, then you'll know how not to do it. hahaha...

This would be a fairly basic DIY Job - the only thing that could go wrong is you cut through the roof light wire when cutting the hole - the risk of this can of course be reduced by unscrewing the closest light to where you plan on putting it and having a look at the general direction of where it wire go's into the roof and if at all possible avoid that area.
Oh yes , there probably one other thing that could go wrong, you cut the whole to big for the skylight you bought hahaha... , Then you just go and exchange it for a bigger one and try again. Big like trying to cut your own hair straight and ending up with a crew cut :)

Reactions: blacky

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
hmmm i am too reluctant to cut a hole in the roof of my Hilux for my remote spotty, let alone cutting a skylight into my caravan! Haha bugger that. It probably is an easy mod, but you won't catch me doing it! Not anywhere near brave enough lol ;)

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
There would be plenty of after market places that would do it for you. ADP caravans as an example. But surely there is someone closer for you.