Site Rules Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I'd be interested in the specific grumbles which prompted the moderators to intervene. They do have every right to pull people up if they sin and rules are rules.

But....what is it we have done wrong to cause the problem?
Have we ignored some at the expense of others?
Have we been rude, boorish or made fun of some?

unfortunately, different people think differently to others

what you see as boring and mundane,
someone else will see at new and exciting,
and someone else will view it as toxic..............

sometimes its better NOT to know what petty things have rattled someone cage mate
leave sleeping dogs lie, and stick my head in the sand - works for me every time

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Need to get over it and move on. I was a lurker here in the early days and joined sometime later. It was a very sleepy forum in the early days but word of mouth, good threads and value to the member caused it to grow. Like any society as they grow different folks bring different thoughts and personalities. I ve had threads deleted, sometimes justified sometime not IMO . My 2c they are just doing this to pull somebody in line that's overstepped the mark? take it as the warning that it is and if you don't think your a culprit continue on and if it doesn't work out move on! Some will be missed and some will say good riddance :behindsofa: Plenty forums out there girl and boys? Not many as good as this , especially when it comes to moral support of owning a Jayco?

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Ok going to close the thread now.

Couple of closing comments.

1) This is the culmanation of a fair amount of things which we have explained at length openly

2) Everyone has a right to agree / disagree most other forums would just post rules and lock the thread but we have engaged and encouraged discussion which I think shows myself and the mods thinking on this matter and that the forum mod team is not a closed book

3) There is a few comments in other threads now about this thread all that has been said has been said so let's move on now that we have talked about it openly and let the mod team do the tasks they need to

On a closing note I would like to leave you with this.

I started this forum over 7 years ago and have contributed in activity, financially, personally, emotionally and sometimes in pure blood sweat and tears.

I have also nocked back many offers to monetise the site to keep this a free place for all to enjoy.

A lot of other people have done the same in particular the mod team. @cruza driver @chartrock @Bushman @Moto Moto @relgate

I have never asked anyone for anything other than fairness, decency and respect for all and for people to participate in the forum as they can for it to grow organically.

Many friend ships life long have been forged from my endevour as well as others and a life long legacy will be left remembered or not.

I will not sit back and ignore those very people who have raised these concerns and the intention of this was to just remind others of the rules and we will keep a closer eye on things as custodians of that legacy.

Everything myself and the mod team do is to uphold those core beliefs that this site was created on as I just mentioned.

As others have said some have accepted this and continued with us in booth good and questionable times but everyone has respected our decisions. And in extreme cases others have chosen a different path.

This is, always and for as long as I can will be the best forum on the web but we do need to have rules in the place as mentioned we have been lax but we will simply be more vigilante in understanding a threads context and interjecting in a variety of ways depending on rgd situation but certainly not to the extremes that are being called out.

We have a great family of people and a mod team like no other and we will continue to keep the wheels.

If you would like to discuss this further, have questions, thoughts or concerns you are welcome to contact myself or any other mod at any time you see fit.

I hope you all take this for its intenions and nothing more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.