Shurflo In-Line Water Filters

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
I am looking at an in-line water filter for our new 17ft Expanda. I've read that the BEST water filters are excellent, however have come across the Shurflo ones that Jayco are selling locally here in Townsville and also on their rvpartsexpress website, and was wondering if someone on here knows anything about them? Have you used them, and if so are they any good?

Any feedback/advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Sandra

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
We have one on our pump and is really good as it has a clear cover so you can see if the filter is blocked.

Christian

68346_lg.jpg

Reactions: Flossymk1

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I have the Sureflow installed. Seems to work well, but given our van is only 3 days old, it's a little early to comment how effective it is yet.

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
Hi Sandra,

I also use the BEST and it works very well. The Shurflo on rvpartsexpress would be very similar. The filters pictured earlier in this thread by rojoberry and stone stomper are a different filter type. These filters will catch any larger particles coming through the water line, but won't get rid of the chlorine taste, etc. For this you need the cartridge type of filter such as the BEST or shurflo one on the rvpartsexpress website.

If you are only hooking to mains water then the cartridge filter is fine. If you plan to pull water from rivers / lakes etc, then a filter as pictured above (screen type filter) followed by a cartridge filter is a better option, the screen filter will pick up any large particles before they can block up your cartridge filter.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
We just bought this one from the Caravan and Camping show on the weekend, comes with everything in photo aswell as spare o-rings, tool to undo filters and all brass fittings and you store it all in the waterproof backpack. Good for dam water, bore water, tank and town water. Based in Brisbane.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Wow, thanks for all the info! There are so many different options out there, how does one decide on anything? lol

We would be using mainly caravan park water at this stage, so after umming and ahhing all morning I went and ordered a BEST inline filter. We aren't leaving till next weekend and they will have it to me within a day or two, so no dramas there.

@Flanders and @BUSH PALACE - do you find that when using one of these filters that your water pressure to the van is decreased at all? That's the only thing I'm a bit worried about!

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Wow, thanks for all the info! There are so many different options out there, how does one decide on anything? lol

We would be using mainly caravan park water at this stage, so after umming and ahhing all morning I went and ordered a BEST inline filter. We aren't leaving till next weekend and they will have it to me within a day or two, so no dramas there.

@Flanders and @BUSH PALACE - do you find that when using one of these filters that your water pressure to the van is decreased at all? That's the only thing I'm a bit worried about!
not at all ...

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne

No problems with pressure. I may be corrected, but pretty sure the van has a regulator built into the water system, to stop hoses blowing apart if there is too much pressure. I give the BEST filter a quick back flush after each use, just to clear out any dirt particles etc.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I have a BEST as well and it is great. Needs to be backwashed every couple of days depending on how dirty the water is. I would recommend using it as part of your hose set up, and not installing it permanently because of the need to backwash.

Good luck

Reactions: Marv_mart

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Yes we are going to use it in our hose set up - thanks for the tip re backwashing :)

I ordered one with plastic hose ends, however just went out and checked the actual hose and it has brass fittings! Doh!!

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
The little filters up the top are factory install just to stop bit damaging the pump fill with a best or invest in an under sink the adjust pressures and check draw the sure flow is a 5amp max and 45psi

Reactions: Flossymk1