Shower Tent Options

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
This came up in elsewhere, so thought i would start a new thread about shower tents (for those of us without shower/toilet models).

With my previous campers and this expanda i always has the pop-open style that somehow fold up into a circle. If you get it wrong once they never fold up properly again. I have had a few of these and they drive me crazy.

I have been thinking about getting a short ARB style roll-out awning and side walls and mounting it to the van. One day maybe but for now, too expensive.

I currently have a new Oztrail model that goes up like a Jet tent with the extarnal frame. I love it, its very easy to put up and fold down. I can't find any details on their website but here is a photo of mine (taken by Matty4 on the Vic High Country trip).

Just wonder what other are using.

IMG_1239.jpg

Reactions: albo42

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I might be looking at one of these at Chrissy time....hit a slight snag on day 3 shower repair. I like the bike rack, is that a fiamma moto?

Cheers.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
I have been using the pop up type and it also drives me mad.... their is a great one you can get from Jayco bayswater, its not cheap but is very good.
Do you cut a hole so you can get to the shower controls? Oh if you have the external shower? not sure?
www.riverratz.com.au they are available from Jayco Bayswater for $199 and available online

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I like the look of that riverratz shower tent leesy. I hunted everywhere for an alternative to the popup and never came across that brand, looks the goods though.

I usually set mine up so i can reach the controls (of the external shower) through the door. But I normally set the temperature before i hop in the tent, then shut the water flow off at the shower head (mine has a shut off button) and then when i turn it back on from within the tent its the right temperature. Hope this makes sense:biggrin1:

I got my one from my local camping store at Unanderra. But any Oztrail stockist probably has them. They were brand new into the store when i got mine at the end of October.

04diesel

Oct 20, 2012
brisbane
We didn't order the external shower option with our van but bought a Coleman hotwater system that comes with a shower attachment,which we can run off the gas bayonet we had fitted on the van and have been looking at all the fold up shower stalls available,really like the look of yours Moto Moto.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Me too AJC. I had a cheap $30 12V shower kit, but the pump didn't like warm or hot water and would fail. I went through about 4 in 12 months. When we sold the Hawk and ordered the expanda, the HWS and external shower were a god send for us.

Still feels like we are camping and roughing it (not having an internal ensuite), but not really:)

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
Reviving an old thread,
what other shower tents have people found or been using, I like the look of the riverratz tent & the all terrain tent ( links above).
I just normally like to see something like this in person or at least ask an owner before purchasing online.

I have an oztrail pop up tent & also a wanderer brand shower tent, I don't like either of them as I would prefer the idea of being able to put the tent up against the wall of van & have a hatch for the shower taps, rather than the door of the tent against the van.

BTW the oztrail pop up tent is far easier to set up & pack up than the wanderer tent with its pole & clips.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
We've got an Oztrail one which was good, just a hassle to set up, but it does fit back into the carry bag. The new van we've ordered has a toilet shower built in.

Flanders

Mar 13, 2013
Just North of Melbourne
I've got one of these, it's great, very easy set up, huge inside, takes less than 2 minutes, folds down into very small bag, but they seem to be pretty hard to get. I got mine on ebay last year for $99, but I can't seem to find them there anymore.

DeluxeShowerToiletTent.jpg

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
We have an Outdoor Connection dryzone shower tent - used it for the first time the other week and seems to be ok - has a zippered section to put your towel in and a covered toilet roll holder!!! Similar i9n looks to the Coleman but a bit more fiddly to set up - once up, its very sturdy! Bought it from Complete Angler in Dandenong.