17' Series Shower Curtain in Combo Shower/Toilet

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
I can't decide whether we should put a shower curtain in our combo shower/toilet - when I asked the dealer about it originally he said "don't bother you will end up taking it down".. But I do find it a bit painful having to wipe everything down in there after a shower (especially as my 9yr old daughter seems to want to have a shower all the time!!). I've seen the odd pic on the forum, but I was wondering if anyone out there has some info/advice on their own experience with shower curtains in their van?

Any pics of your own installs would also be much appreciated!

Cheers
Sandra

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
This is the only one I have. Doesn't really show the curtain rail though. If no one else comes up with a photo I'll get one on the weekend when I'm home.

Soap Dispenser.jpg

Reactions: Flossymk1

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
We generally use our shower when free camping or the amenities are full/too far away/ don't be rude weather.

We line up our showers and have them all one after the other with a few minutes break between so people can get changed in privacy. Then dry it all down with an old towel. Keeps the bathroom nice and clean.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We do similar to @achjimmy
Have our showers in a row. I am last in and wipe it down. We had a squeegy and old towel on a hook for this purpose. We also had a mat made from one of those foam camping interlocking mats for the floor. Put it out for a shower and back in afterwards so feet stay dry. Worked well.

(wont have to worry with the Starcrafts full ensuite!!! :behindsofa:)

Reactions: dagree and Pace

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
We generally use our shower when free camping or the amenities are full/too far away/ don't be rude weather.

We line up our showers and have them all one after the other with a few minutes break between so people can get changed in privacy. Then dry it all down with an old towel. Keeps the bathroom nice and clean.

Like wise, I find the dunny itself doesn't get that wet unless you take the shower head off the bracket ad start waving it around.
having limited room anyway I think a curtain in the pop-top just gets in the way if ya using the dunny

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Like wise, I find the dunny itself doesn't get that wet unless you take the shower head off the bracket ad start waving it around.
having limited room anyway I think a curtain in the pop-top just gets in the way if ya using the dunny
Actually, that is true. The dunny doesnt actually get too wet. It's mostly the walls that cop it.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
The main reason we fitted the curtain in the last van was due to water running down the inside of the door and dripping on the floor when opened. The wet toot seat doesn't really bother me but Mrs dagree has a different opinion :black_eyed:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thought it would get in the way when not in use but in previous van I fitted 2x velcro straps and fixed them into a corner.
The wife bought the curtain today, fitted it and saved me having to fit the straps this time by wrapping it around the shower hose :)

Shower Curtain.jpg

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Thanks for the pic @dagree ! I like your set up - how do I go about getting one of those rails? Does it run the full-circuit of the shower? (can only see 3 'sides' in the pic)

Reactions: dagree

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
We have a shower curtain and use it, no hassles really, more hassle if you don't and have to wipe everything down as you say.

Dave

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thanks for the pic @dagree ! I like your set up - how do I go about getting one of those rails? Does it run the full-circuit of the shower? (can only see 3 'sides' in the pic)

@Flossymk1 ... The rail and fittings/fixings were sourced from out local Jayco Dealer. Other caravan stores may carry it but the one local to us has stopped getting it in :(
The rail only runs along the 3 sides that you can see as the other wall is the one where the shower head is located (And it only comes in 2.5 mtr lengths so not long enough.... May be able to get joiners tho?)