Show Me Your Baskets (Storage)

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all, curious to see photos of how others have there cupboards setup with either plastic or metal baskets.

Was thinking about doing this to one of my cupboards but again curios to see others inventions.

My preference for something like the below is for storing food so as much as I like the metal baskets everyone is putting in on rails I would prefer to steer away from that and look for something like this.

Post up your pics!

img_3928-jpg.jpg

Reactions: blacky

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Hi @expanda I like the look of your top draw...Mentos and MM's :)
We have a different system. I'll take a pic tonight and show you. I think I like yours though, bit more versatile

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Hi @expanda Here are a couple of pics of our cupboards.

The first one is our pantry. When we ordered the van we got 4 extra shelves (loose) and brackets so we could fix them where we wanted them - generally to fit our tupperware containers. The little cupboard below (with the flap door) usually holds our liquids...cordial, juice etc.

IMG_5308.JPG

The second pic is the kids clothing cupboard. Four equal spaces, one for each kid. What doesn't fit, doesn't go

IMG_5309.JPG

Reactions: blacky

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi @Pace,

I can't take credit for the idea, but I did get it from another member on this forum (sorry I can't remember who). It was not a cheap option, but it is very functional and very easy to pack and unpack etc. I bought this from Howard Storage World, and it comes with the frame, and 5 individual wire baskets. As you can see each basket slides out for access, and I have each labelled for each member of the family.

I hope this helps....

Cheers

Reactions: Wanda and Pace

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Hi all, curious to see photos of how others have there cupboards setup with either plastic or metal baskets.

Was thinking about doing this to one of my cupboards but again curios to see others inventions.

My preference for something like the below is for storing food so as much as I like the metal baskets everyone is putting in on rails I would prefer to steer away from that and look for something like this.

Post up your pics!

img_3928-jpg.jpg
Haaaaa, that's my van Expanda. This set up has been great. I'll post some other cupboards soon. Izzy

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I am in the process of converting our pantry over to one of these.
image.jpg

So far, all shelves removed and I have set up the top of the cabinet to accept the slide out. Hopefully this weekend will see it complete.

Reactions: crustt

dakky68

Nov 19, 2013
Newcastle
I just did a search on eBay for wire basket and came up with a few hits that look similar.
Have you tried there?

Not yet, as I still need to measure the spaces, but eBay and I are best buddies so I certainly will be looking on there (although I'm impatient and hate waiting for things to be posted).