Security door.

Kgee

Oct 17, 2013
Perth, WA
Hi, We just bought a 16.49-3 yesterday :) we are very excited and are trying to figure everything out before attempting out first trip (I'm imagining at back yard camping trip this week as the kids are really excited). One thing I haven't been able to figure out is the security door, I am assuming you can separate the fly screen from the main door? I'm sure it is something simple but I am very new this.

john hayward

Dec 31, 2012
It is simple but can appear tricky at first.
The handle goes up to separate the doors and down to open.
Ezy as!

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
Congratulations @Kgee on your purchase, you've made a great choice. As John says easy to use. You can also clip the main door open, whilst keeping the flywire door closed to let the air in.

Kgee

Oct 17, 2013
Perth, WA
Thanks so much for that John, I was looking for some kind of latch. Great to know it is so simple! Thanks Patto, I am sure we will love our family adventures :)

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
I did the exact thing when we bought ours, stuffed around for ages then moved the handle the wrong way and bam there you have it
Couldn't be simpler
Daughter and I camped in the back yard on our first weekend
Enjoy your new toy

debnsteve

Aug 8, 2013
McLaren Vale S.A. {Currently}
Hi All,
We have just bought a 14.44-5 and I was in the same boat as @Kgee. The one bit of vital information that is not in the book / Manual. Much better now after reading this post.

Ths forum has been a real fantastic resource of info to us newbies, Well done to all.
Steve

Reactions: relgate