Seat Covers

JS4910

Sep 21, 2016
Gladstone Central Qld
I am looking for a set of covers front and rear for the new Paj, as I carry 3 filth monsters in the back we have been closely looking at Canvas and the MSA ones get the tick from the minister of war and finance, but at a lazy $1K, (which doesn't sound bad if you say it quick) just sking around on what others use and have had good service from before I spend that sort of coin.

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Aldi often have canvas type covers....we use one for the back seat and it keeps dog hair under control. As usual, you never know when they're advertising them.

Reactions: JS4910

Zimbo

Feb 28, 2015
Perth
I spent a long time debating the same issue over $$$ vs seat covers - finally came to the 'neoprene or canvas' and eventually parted with the $$$ & got full set of the 'Black Duck' canvas covers and they've been great - not as hot as I thought they might been, tough as nails and easy to clean after the kids have been in the back - the muts join us on our journeys as well in the back - before the malamute fluff seemed to get to every bit of upholstery possible - not with the canvas:)

Reactions: bigcol and JS4910

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
when my crew were younger
I was lazy and tight so had a canvas tarp that I cut down to suit - and they were vinyl seats in the cruisers

when ever we went out in my LTD (with velour seats)- no food or drinks...........at all ever

then, within 2 weeks of SWMBO getting the LTD - interior was screwed..........

Reactions: JS4910

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Black Duck...Canvas....Not as comfy as some.... but....as an example......I get out of the car and one of the kids says her water bottle leaked....I say its only water it'll evaporate and....the next morning I see the leak....The whole water bottle leaked...there was a 20mm deep pool of water sitting on the seat the next morning. No seep through. A quick wipe with a towel and as good as new.

Having had a rivet from a rear jeans pocket destroy a seat by cutting it and another destroyed by a leaking pen....Black Duck, are great, but expensive.

@Zimbo Had a half Malamute half Sharpie, she used to shed 12 months of the year. The verandah looked like the wild west with tumble weed hair balls blowing up and down. Hope a full-blood isn't as bad.

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
@Zimbo Had a half Malamute half Sharpie, she used to shed 12 months of the year. The verandah looked like the wild west with tumble weed hair balls blowing up and down. Hope a full-blood isn't as bad.

yeppers, same same with Akita's
5 or 6 shopping bags of fur every 3 months........
I wanted to get someone to knit with it - they were not amused

Shenzo.JPG

Last edited:

MickL

Feb 28, 2016
SA
I have neoprene on mine as well and would buy them again no questions asked. They fit so well and are really comfy. Mine are factory Mitsi ones and were bought with the car so are 5 years old now and still look as good as new.

Reactions: JS4910 and bigcol

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Full canvas TJM covers on teh front seats ($!00 pr)
Cheapie half canvas/half elasticised material off ebay for the back rows.
The seat and back rest are canvas, the bits going down the seat sides and around the backs are elasticised material.
The canvas bits still protected the seats from the mess the kids made, so still good.

I'd like to buy a full set of Ducks or MSA ones, but at that cost....nah

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

JS4910

Sep 21, 2016
Gladstone Central Qld
I ended up with the full MSA set, put them on this morning then drove 4-500km in them, verdict I don't mind so much on the $$$ spent and they are a fantastic product which should be as good as they are now in 5yrs time or longer and they can only get more comfortable as they bed in.

Reactions: bigcol and 17triton