17' Series Sadly selling the capanda

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
For personal reasons our hubby and I are decidingto sell our expanda. ( 17:56-2)
Still not sure if we are doing the right thing as I will miss it. For reasons I won't mention just as yet. (Financial)
We had the best 6 weeks travelling to the whitsundays.
Places u could never see while flying on a plane or meeting the friendliest people.
I just want to say thanks to all u guys that have helped me on our caravan journey, u guys are the best and will stick around ( if that's okay) to buy the next one in a couple years.
We will defiantly get another in a year or two though.
At the moment carpanda is having it's first service at jayco Sydney.
Where would be the best place to advertise?

Reactions: Wanda and bigcol

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Hi guys. That is sad news indeed and I truly hope everything works out for you. I found that Caravan Sales for a lot of hits (had to pay) but gumtree was where I sold it. Just be careful of bloody scammers and people wanting it ridiculously cheap. All the best guys.

Reactions: carpanda

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Not good news @carpanda and hope all goes well with your choices.
One way to look at it is you can look forward to the wait and excitement in a couple of years when you start looking again.

We sold our last expanda within 24 hours of advertising on gumtree :) But as @Kenshi123 said "Just be careful of bloody scammers and people wanting it ridiculously cheap."

Good Luck for the future and keep in touch :blah:

PS: Don't forget to advertise it on here as well ;)

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
That is sad news @carpanda, best of luck with whatever difficulties you may be having:canada:. You are more than welcome to continue to "stick around", and please, continue to contribute as we want to hear what you are up to. :D

We have advertised on both Gumtree and Caravan Sales with more inquiries from Gumtree which is free. Caravan Sales cost $90 and has not generated much response. We are about to try Trading Post.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Very sad. Hopefully all works out for you.

As said above. Dont waste your $$$ on ccsales. Go for gumtree and ebay.

Good luck.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
i Believe things happen for a reason, so you never know whats around the corner, i sometimes smile when i think back to what had happened in the past journey.
Gumtree for us, and yes watch out for scammers , i had a few text messages ? .
my thought then selling is if you can't talk direct with some one, theres no sale.

good luck

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I would try here for a week or two then caravan and camping sales, (im not a gumtree person) and I would write in ad only responding to phone calls and watch for people who will offer you a fixed price without asking any questions. And if someone says they are on an oil rig answer them " which one, I am too!"
One other tip, I see too many ads about caravans and they list the things it has, but a lot of people looking are new to caravans, so they don't know what "we" are talking about. It is simple marketing 101, features and benefits. So when you list the stuff it has, next to it say a positive about the item or a short explanation. eg

LED lighting in awning - Lastest technology, not available in pre 2013 vans.
Extended draw bar - Ideal for adding that tool box or bike holder.
Toilet and shower - Convenience and ability to free camp.
etc etc
Just my view, but I think it helps. Good luck and stay around. Geoff

Last edited:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Sorry to hear guys, as already said I like gumtree, 100% free.....ebay is getting expensive to sell big ticket items. Good luck.

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Sad news. we decided to sell ours then decided to keep it, but could have sold it a couple of times for a decent price, but there were always people wanting it for a ridiculous price. Most responses through gumtree, ebay we found is too expensive with commission fees. and yes, don't respond to email, text messages from unknowns, all genuine enquiries rang. good luck

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
very very sad indeed - hope things start looking up for you soonish

as has been said - Gumtree seems to have the most hits
also - again, be aware of tossers
and as per @macca 's suggestion - excellent
I would try here for a week or two then caravan and camping sales, (im not a gumtree person) and I would write in ad only responding to phone calls and watch for people who will offer you a fixed price without asking any questions. And if someone says they are on an oil rig answer them " which one, I am too!"
One other tip, I see too many ads about caravans and they list the things it has, but a lot of people looking are new to caravans, so they don't know what "we" are talking about. It is simple marketing 101, features and benefits. So when you list the stuff it has, next to it say a positive about the item or a short explanation. eg
LED lighting in awning - Lastest technology, not available in pre 2013 vans.
Extended draw bar - Ideal for adding that tool box or bike holder.
Toilet and shower - Convenience and ability to free camp.
etc etc
Just my view, but I think it helps. Good luck and stay around. Geoff

also, just cause you will "currently" not have one, why can you not stay?
more time for planning mods
more time for accumulating bits for mods

dont go............:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My tip is to forget the photos of the van parked in drive, or in storage. Show it oozing its mojo, being used and you guys enjoying it. Your selling the van, but your also selling a lifestyle and driveway pics dont cut it. Create the emotional attachment

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Heap of good photos, as above hopefully have some in idelic locations.

Sold two vans now, trading post and caravan and camping sales cost the most and provided the least leads. eBay and gumtree provided the most leads and cost the least. 1st van sold through trading post (although 5 yrs ago I believe trading post has slipped further now) last van ebay.

On gumtree pay the $2 each week to bump your ad to the top for each weekend , great tip provided by @relgate

Reactions: relgate

craigandteena

Aug 30, 2014
Canberra
www.expandasdownunder.com
Use Gumtree, I purchased my 2014 expanda off someone who also had to sell due to financial reasons and use gumtree as a buyer and seller for many things. A buyer will always want to know why you are selling something so when you do have serious interested people inspecting be honest about the financial issue otherwise they will think there is something wrong with it. Don't state the reason in your add though as you will get predators.

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
Awwww thanks so much guys! And yeah I will stay hehehe
Thanks for all the great tips and ideas! Lots of great ideas. I'll post the listing on here when I get it finished :)

Reactions: Crusty181